Pirac 800 MG Description
Pirac Injection is used to treat memory loss and a lack of concentration, learning, attention, and awareness in the elderly. It contains the active substance piracetam which works by improving the ab
ility of the brain to store and recall information. Pirac Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse.
Uses of Pirac 800 MG
- Pirac Injection is used for the treatment of loss of memory, lack of concentration and alertness, mood changes, and changes in behaviour in the elderly.
- In children, it is used to treat learning difficulties associated with the written word, particularly understanding of the text.
Contraindications of Pirac 800 MG
- If you are allergic to piracetam or any other ingredient of Pirac Injection.
- If you are allergic to any pyrrolidone derivatives (levetiracetam, doxapram). If you are unsure about what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have or had a brain haemorrhage.
- If you have kidney failure or any other severe kidney disease.
- If you have any disease that affects the brain nerves (Huntington's disease).
Side effects of Pirac 800 MG
- Increase in body weight
Precautions and Warnings of Pirac 800 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease.
- You have bleeding disorders like a damaged blood vessel, stomach or intestinal ulcer, disorder of bleeding stoppage, or history of a broken blood vessel in the brain that causes bleeding.
- You recently have or are planning to undergo surgery including dental surgery.
- You are using blood thinners (warfarin, acenocoumarol) or platelet anti-aggregates (low dose aspirin).
Mode of Action of Pirac 800 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pirac 800 MG
- Pirac Injection will be given to you by your doctor or nurse.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Pirac 800 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pirac Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- The use of Pirac Injection along with thyroid extract (T3 + T4) may cause confusion, irritability, and sleep disorders and should be carefully considered.
- Care should be taken if you are taking medicines like blood thinners (acenocoumarol), anti-epileptic medicines (carbamazepine, phenytoin).
Storage and disposal of Pirac 800 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place at room temperature (15 - 25°C) away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.