Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing Cephalexin. It is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infections of lungs, respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin and pneumonia. Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, the absence of cell wall leads to the death of bacteria and cure of infection. Do not use it if you are allergic to Cephalexin or penicillin antibiotics.
Uses of Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet
- Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet is used to treat chest and lungs infection like bronchitis, pneumonia and treatment of infections of the skin and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet
If you are allergic to Cephalexin or any other cephalosporin group of antibiotics like Ceftriaxone or Cefuroxime.
Side effects of Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet
Side effects Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet are rare; however, in some patients, it may cause nausea and diarrhoea.
Precautions and Warnings of Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet
Can I take Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your physician. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits of cefalexin over risks.
Can I take Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
- It passes into the breast milk in a very small amount. So caution should be exercised while giving this medicine to a nursing mother.
- If you are taking this medicine during breastfeeding, watch for diarrhoea in a newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet?
It does not influence driving ability, but if you experience dizziness after taking this medicine, you should avoid the drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet?
Alcohol consumption with this medicine can increase the side effect like dizziness & nausea. You should avoid alcohol while on this treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to this medicine or any other antibiotics like penicillin, as much caution is required in such patients.
- You have a liver or kidney problems; your doctor may adjust the dose accordingly.
- You experience any allergic reaction like skin rashes etc. which may appear at the start of the treatment; the doctor may discontinue the medicine.
- Complete the course of the antibiotic even if you are feeling better after a few doses. Not completing the course of antibiotics can lead to resistance.
- If you get persistent diarrhoea, immediately inform your doctor.
- You find any other superinfection occurs during the treatment; the doctor should take appropriate measures. It may impair your blood test reports. So talk to your doctor before any lab tests.
Mode of Action of Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet fights a wide range of bacterial infections by killing the bacteria. It acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, which ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet
- Take Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor and follow the prescribed dosage duration.
- It should be taken orally with or after food.
Interactions of Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines and herbal preparations.read less
- Medicine used to treat gout such as probenecid should be used cautiously. Concomitant use of antibiotics such as streptomycin, gentamycin, water pills such as furosemide can increase the risk of kidney problems.read less
Storage and disposal of Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets
Dosage of Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or blood in the urine. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of antibiotics, as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your physician if you have any liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy.
Q: Can this medicine affect my blood test values?
A: Yes, this medicine may affect your blood result values. Talk to your doctor if you are taking this medicine before doing any blood test.
Q: Is Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet safe to use?
A: Yes, Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet is safe to use when taken under medical supervision. However, in some patients, it may show allergic reactions, you should not use this medicine if you are allergic to Cephalexin.
Q: Can I stop taking Phexin Bd 750mg Tablet on my own?
A: No, do not stop on your own, taking this medicine, as this may lead to antibiotic resistance and treatment failure. Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Oct 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved