Ortho Plus Capsule
By AUROCHEM LAB (I) PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ortho Plus 750 MG Description
Ortho Plus Capsule is a supplement used for the treatment of osteoarthritis (a type of arthritis that affects your joints). It contains glucosamine as its main component. Take it as prescribed by the
Uses of Ortho Plus 750 MG
Ortho Plus Capsule is used in the treatment of osteoarthritis (degeneration of joint cartilage or bone).
Contraindications of Ortho Plus 750 MG
- If you are allergic to chondroitin, glucosamine or any other ingredients of Ortho Plus Capsule.
- If you are allergic to shellfish
- It should not be given to children under 2 years of age
Side effects of Ortho Plus 750 MG
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Ortho Plus 750 MG
Can I take Ortho Plus Capsule during pregnancy?
- Ortho Plus Capsule should not be used during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Ortho Plus Capsule while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended for use while breastfeeding as limited safety information is available. Thus consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ortho Plus Capsule?
Avoid driving if you experience dizziness, headache or sleepiness after taking Ortho Plus
Can I consume alcohol with Ortho Plus Capsule?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and Ortho Plus Capsule, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from heart disease or have high cholesterol levels
- You suffer from liver or kidney diseases
- You have an impaired glucose tolerance
- You have asthma
- You take blood thinners or any other medicine for a blood clotting disorder
- You are on a controlled sodium diet
Mode of Action of Ortho Plus 750 MG
How Does It Work?
Glucosamine helps in increasing the lubrication around your joints by increasing the production of naturally occurring fluid present in the joint space, which tends to dry up with ageing and in joint diseases....
Directions for Use of Ortho Plus 750 MG
Ortho Plus Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Ortho Plus 750 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ortho Plus Capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking blood thinners like warfarin & antidiabetic medicines like insulin.
Storage and disposal of Ortho Plus 750 MG
- Store Ortho Plus Capsule in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ortho Plus 750 MG
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Ortho Plus, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Ortho Plus Capsule?
A: Ortho Plus Capsule is used as an adjunctive treatment in osteoarthritis
Q: How long to take Ortho Plus Capsule?
A: The dose and duration of Ortho Plus Capsule will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions, and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
- NPRA - Glucosamine - Axcel Glucosamine-500 Tablet [Internet]. Npra.gov. 2022 [cited 1 June 2022]
- Dolenio 1178mg Film-coated tablets - SmPC - Blue Bio Pharmaceuticals Ltd. [Dated 18.June.2020] (Data on file)
- Dona 1500mg Powder for Oral Solution [Internet]. Irish Medicines Board; 2022 [cited 1 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 1 June 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.