Novaclav 625mg Tablet
By CIPLA GX
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Novaclav 625 tablet is a combination medicine that contains amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as the active ingredient. It belongs to a class of penicillin antibiotics. It is useful in treating various bacterial infections typically of the respiratory tract, ear, nose, urinary tract, bone and joint. Take this medicine in dosage as prescribed by your doctor. Do not abruptly stop taking the syrup as it may increase the risk of re-infection. Nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting are some of the common side effects that you may experience on taking this medicine. These side effects are usually mild and manageable. Consult your doctor if you experience any other side effects than these. Also, please inform your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine.
Uses of Novaclav 625mg Tablet
Treatment of infections caused by bacteria, like a sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Novaclav 625mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Novaclav 625mg Tablet
- Infection of skin and nails (mucocutaneous candidiasis)
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation (pruritis, urticaria)
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Novaclav 625mg Tablet
Can I take Novaclav 625 tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy. However, it can be given to you by your doctor if required. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Novaclav 625 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine. The components of this medicine pass into breast milk & are known to cause fungal infection of the mouth and diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Novaclav 625 tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions.
Can I consume alcohol with Novaclav 625 tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins
- You are an elderly patient
- You have liver problems
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits
- You are taking oral birth control pills as this tablet may reduce their efficacy
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine
- You have difficulty in passing urine
Mode of Action of Novaclav 625mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Novaclav 625 tablet acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Novaclav 625mg Tablet
This medicine should be consumed as whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems. Do not crush, break, or chew the tablet. Do not take the tablet if it is expired.
Interactions of Novaclav 625mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Novaclav 625mg Tablet
- Store the medicine at or below 25° in the original package to protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose off the medicine if it has passed the expiry date.
Dosage of Novaclav 625mg Tablet
- Taking Novaclav 625 tablet in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits
- Symptoms of overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness and fluid retention
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucus along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have allergy to penicillin, can I take Novaclav 625 tablet?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Will Novaclav 625 mg tablet make me sleepy?
A: No, Novaclav 625 tablet will not make you feel sleepy. Nonetheless, as every individual may react differently to the medicine due to an underlying medical condition, you are advised to rest if you experience drowsiness or feel sleepy.
Q: Can I take Novaclav 625 mg tablet for cold and cough?
A: No, Novaclav 625 tablet is an antibiotic that is effective against bacterial infection. It will not be useful in treating cold and cough as it is usually caused due to a viral infection.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹18.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting|
Last Updated on: 22 Apr 2021 | 04:49 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved