Monti Fx Tablet
Monti Fx Tablet Description
Monti FX tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It is a combination of two medicines - montelukast and fexofenadine. It is used to relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as runny and stuffy nose, s
neezing, itching, watery eyes, blockage in airways, and other allergic symptoms. It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing symptoms of allergy. This medicine should be taken in the exact duration and dose as instructed by the doctor. You can take it with or without food but take it at a fixed time every day for optimal results. Avoid or be cautious while driving or operating machinery after taking this medicine. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹32.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Montelukast(10.0 Mg) + Fexofenadine(120.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, sleepiness, nausea, headache|
Uses of Monti Fx Tablet
Contraindications of Monti Fx Tablet
Side effects of Monti Fx Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Monti Fx Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have acute asthma.
- You are experiencing rapid heartbeats, palpitations, and excessive sweating.
- You have any blood disorder, abnormal blood count, or swelling of blood vessels.
- You have any heart-related disorder, joint disorder, or muscle weakness.
- You are suffering from any brain-related problems like aggression, anxiety, abnormal dreams, lack of sleep, irritation, restlessness, or suicidal thoughts.
- You have a known allergy to aspirin or other painkillers.
- You are above 65 years of age.
Mode of Action of Monti Fx Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Monti FX tablet contains montelukast and fexofenadine as the active substances.
- Montelukast works by blocking the action of allergy-causing chemicals called leukotrienes which helps in relieving the symptoms of allergy.
- Fexofenadine works by blocking the action of the natural substance histamine which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Monti Fx Tablet
- Swallow Monti FX tablet with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the tablet.
- Take this medicine exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed.
Interactions of Monti Fx Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicine may affect the way Monti FX tablet works, or Monti FX tablet can itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicine.
- Inform your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of Monti FX tablet along with antibiotics such as erythromycin, and antifungal medicines such as ketoconazole can increase the blood levels of this medicine.
- There should be a gap of at least 2 hours between the use of Monti FX tablet and antacids containing aluminum and magnesium.
- Medicines that act on the brain to produce calmness if taken along with this tablet may reduce the alertness and impair the performance.
- Other medicines such as rifampicin, phenobarbital, gemfibrozil, and phenytoin should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Monti Fx Tablet
- Store Monti FX tablets at room temperature, protected from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Monti Fx Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Monti FX tablet prescribed for?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Monti FX tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history. Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- This medicine may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....