Monopas 1gm Tablet
Monopas 1 G Description
Monopas Tablet is an antibiotic medicine used in the treatment of bacterial infections. Monopas Tablet also aids in the treatment of tuberculosis that is resistant to other medicines. The active ingr
edient of Monopas Tablets is sodium aminosalicylate, which belongs to the family of medicines called anti-infectives. Sodium aminosalicylate is classified as an antimycobacterial medicine. It works by stopping the growth of the infection-causing bacteria. Monopas Tablet can be taken with or without food at a fixed time each day. It is essential to complete the prescribed course of this antibiotic. If the treatment is stopped midway, some bacteria may survive, and the infection may come back. Before using the Monopas tablet, you should tell the doctor if you are allergic to any antibiotics like sulfa medicine or if you have any kidney or liver disease. If you experience rashes, itchy skin, swelling of the face and mouth, or have any difficulty in breathing after taking Monopas Tablet, seek emergency medical aid.
Uses of Monopas 1 G
- As per CDSCO, Monopas Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of tuberculosis in patients who have acquired resistance to other antitubercular medicines in combination with other medicines.
- Treatment of bacterial infection.
Contraindications of Monopas 1 G
- If you have severe kidney impairment, due to the risk of worsening of condition.
- If you have an allergy to sodium aminosalicylate or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- If you are suffering from any liver disease.
- If you have any stomach problems like ulcers.
Side effects of Monopas 1 G
- Nausea and vomiting
- Skin rash
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Monopas 1 G
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from mild to moderate kidney impairment due to an increased risk of severe adverse effects.
- You conceive during the course of Monopas Tabs.
- You experience side effects that persist or worsen in time.
Mode of Action of Monopas 1 G
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Monopas 1 G
- Monopas Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Do not alter the prescribed dosage of Monopas Tablets without consulting with your doctor.
- Swallow Monopas Tablet as a whole. Do not chew, crush, or break it.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, it is advised to take the prescribed dose of Monopas Tablet at a fixed time every day for the recommended course.
- Do not stop the use of Monopas Tablets without consulting the doctor. This may lead to a relapse of the infection, which can be harmful, especially in the case of tuberculosis.
Interactions of Monopas 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Taking Monopas tablets with any of the following medicines can modify the efficacy of either of them and cause undesirable side effects like an increase or decrease in the serum concentration of the medicine....
Interactions with food items
- There are no major interactions of Monopas 1 mg Tablet with food while using this medicine. A regular diet can be continued unless advised otherwise by the doctor. You can take Monopas Tablet with or without food....