Monocef 2gm Inj
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
2g Powder For Injection in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Monocef Powder For Injection is an antibiotic injection that contains Ceftriaxone as an active ingredient. It belongs to the cephalosporin group of medicines that are used to treat infections of the urinary tract, brain, abdomen, brain, ear respiratory tract, blood infection and infection of the lining of the brain and heart. It is also used for the treatment of pneumonia. Monocef Powder For Injection kills the infection-causing bacteria by stopping the formation of the cell wall of the bacteria. Monocef Powder For Injection will be given to you by your doctor or nurse as an injection, at regular intervals to maintain the consistent level of medicine in the body. Do not self-inject this injection. Also. inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking for certain other health conditions, before starting the treatment.
Uses of Monocef 2gm Inj
- For the treatment of lung, throat, pharynx and airways infection (RTIs).
- For the treatment of brain, urinary tract, ear, abdomen and blood infection.
- For the treatment of pneumonia and infection of the lining of the brain (Meningitis) and heart (Endocarditis).
Contraindications of Monocef 2gm Inj
- If you are allergic to Ceftriaxone or any other ingredients of Monocef Powder For Injection.
- If you are allergic to similar medicines (from class cephalosporin antibiotics).
- If you are allergic to medicines such as penicillins, monobactams and carbapenems.
- Ceftriaxone solution containing lidocaine should not be given as an injection.
- This injection should not be used in premature babies.
- This injection should not be given to a newborn with jaundice and increased bilirubin in the blood.
Side effects of Monocef 2gm Inj
- Variations in blood count
- Loose stools
- Increased liver enzymes
- Fungal infections
- A bleeding disorder (Coagulopathy)
- Nausea & vomiting
- Itching & pain at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Monocef 2gm Inj
Can I take Monocef Powder For Injection during pregnancy?
The safety of Monocef Powder For Injection is not fully established in human pregnancy. It can be used in pregnant women only during the first trimester if necessary. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby.
Can I take Monocef Powder For Injection while breastfeeding?
Monocef Powder For Injection passes in human milk in small quantities and has no or negligible effects on the breastfed baby. However, the baby should be closely monitored for the side effects such as diarrhoea, thrush or fungal infection of the mouth.
Can I drive if I have taken Monocef Powder For Injection?
You may feel dizzy after taking Monocef Powder For Injection. Thus, be cautious/avoid driving after taking this injection.
Can I consume alcohol with Monocef Powder For Injection?
Alcohol may worsen side effect like dizziness. It is advised to avoid alcohol if you have taken Monocef Powder For Injection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver disease or kidney stones.
- You are suffering from a condition called gallstones (stones in the gallbladder).
- You are suffering from anaemia (decreased red blood cells).
- You have inflammation or swelling in any part of your bowel.
- You have stomach disease or you have experienced diarrhoea after taking antibiotics.
- You have taken any medicine or supplement containing calcium recently.
- You are planning to get a blood test. This injection may interfere with the results.
Mode of Action of Monocef 2gm Inj
How Does It Work?
Monocef Powder For Injection is an antibiotic medicine containing Ceftriaxone as the main ingredient responsible for its antibiotic action. Ceftriaxone works by interfering with the formation of the cell wall (outer covering) of the bacteria and thus killing the bacteria which causes infection.
Directions for Use of Monocef 2gm Inj
- Monocef Powder For Injection will be given in the hospital or clinic by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self inject this medicine and follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Monocef 2gm Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood thinners can increase the risk of bleeding. Hence, inform your doctor about it, dose adjustment may be required.
- Certain antibiotics (aminoglycosides antibiotics) increase the risk of kidney damage when given concomitantly with Monocef Powder For Injection.
- Any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are currently taking or might take should be informed to your doctor in order to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Monocef 2gm Inj
- Store below 30°C, protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Any unused portion should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Monocef 2gm Inj
An overdose of this injection is less likely as it is given by an expert medical professional. However, if you experience dizziness, fever, chills and upset stomach immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor or reach out to your nearby hospital.
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you. Thus, it is unlikely that any dose of this injection will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Monocef Powder For Injection if I feel better after taking a few injections?
A: No, you should always take the full course of antibiotics, as failing that may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Inform your doctor before you stop the treatment.
Q: I am allergic to Cefuroxime. Can I take Monocef Powder For Injection?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have an allergy to Cefuroxime. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics like cephalexin, cefadroxil & cefazolin, etc.
Q: What other disease conditions should I discuss with my doctor before taking Monocef Powder For Injection?
A: You should discuss with your doctor if you are on any other medication. If you have any stomach, kidney or liver disease. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q: Can I take Monocef Powder For Injection at home or on my own?
A: No, it should only be taken if prescribed by a doctor under medical supervision.
Q: Can Monocef Powder For Injection cause blood poisoning?
A: No, Monocef Powder For Injection does not cause blood poisoning.
Q: Can we give Monocef Powder For Injection during dengue?
A: No, Monocef Powder For Injection is an antibiotic and should not be given in dengue. Dengue fever happens due to a viral infection and antibiotic is not effective against viruses.
Q: Does Monocef Powder For Injection work for viruses?
A: No, Monocef Powder For Injection is an antibiotic and effective only against bacterial infections.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Mar 2021 | 09:26 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved