Minoz Bpo Gel
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
15g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Minoz Bpo Gel is used in treating acne or pimples. It contains a combination of two medicines - adapalene and benzoyl peroxide as active components. This gel must not be used if you are allergic to any of its components or are pregnant. It is meant only for external application and should be applied as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Minoz Bpo Gel
Minoz Bpo Gel is used to treat pimples or acne.
Contraindications of Minoz Bpo Gel
- If you are allergic to adapalene or benzoyl Peroxide or any other ingredients of Minoz Bpo Gel.
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Side effects of Minoz Bpo Gel
Burning sensation, pain, irritation, redness, itching, rash, peeling or dryness at the area Minoz Bpo Gel is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Minoz Bpo Gel
Can I apply Minoz Bpo Gel during pregnancy?
Minoz Bpo Gel should not be used during pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety. If you get pregnant while using this gel, then discontinue using it and contact your doctor immediately.
Can I apply Minoz Bpo Gel while breastfeeding?
There is limited data available on the use of this gel in a breastfeeding woman. However, if prescribed by your doctor, avoid using it on the breast or areas near the breast or any large area of the body for a prolonged duration.
Can I drive if I have applied Minoz Bpo Gel?
Minoz Bpo Gel is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Minoz Bpo Gel?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and this gel. Consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Minoz Bpo Gel.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You are suffering from any other skin infections or conditions.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying Minoz Bpo Gel for a week.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long.
- Do not use this medicine on cuts, scratches, sunburns, etc.
- Do not let this gel get into your eyes, nose, mouth or on your hair. If it happens, then rinse it with water thoroughly.
- Minoz Bpo Gel is not recommended for children below 9-years of age.
Mode of Action of Minoz Bpo Gel
How Does It Work?
- Minoz Bpo Gel works by the combined action of both its components: Adapalene and Benzoyl Peroxide.
- Adapalene works by decreasing the swelling, redness of the skin, thus reducing pimples.
- Benzoyl Peroxide works by killing the growth of bacteria, thus softening and peeling (or scaling) the outer layer of the skin.
Directions for Use of Minoz Bpo Gel
- Minoz Bpo Gel is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Apply the gel on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Wash your hands before and after using this gel unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Avoid contact with your eyes or nose.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Minoz Bpo Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Minoz Bpo Gel is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.Read less
- You should not use products to treat your pimples or acne containing benzoyl peroxide or retinoids at the same time as this gel.
- You need to avoid using cosmetic products that may cause irritation, dry skin while using Minoz Bpo Gel.
Storage and disposal of Minoz Bpo Gel
Minoz Bpo Gel should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Minoz Bpo Gel
As Minoz Bpo Gel is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe them out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying this gel, then apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply the gel just to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Minoz Bpo Gel to treat my sunburn?
A: No, Minoz Bpo Gel is not meant to be used to treat sunburn.
Q: Can Minoz Bpo Gel be used by my 14-year-old child?
A: Yes, Minoz Bpo Gel may be used if prescribed by a doctor.
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Minoz Bpo Gel?
A: If you get any gel in your eyes, then rinse with water thoroughly. Keep your eyes open when you rinse.
- Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 May 2021]
- Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% Gel - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 May 2021]
Last Updated on: 05 May 2021 | 03:02 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved