By WOCKHARDT LIMITED
60ml Suspension in Bottle
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mefacid Susp is for pediatric use. It reduces fever and pain associated with sprains, injuries. It helps to reduce swelling, redness and pain in the joints due to juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. It co
ntains mefenamic acid as an active ingredient. It is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicine. Mefacid Susp must be given to the child as advised by the doctor....
Uses of Mefacid Susp
- To relieve fever and pain in children
- To relieve muscle and joint pain in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (arthritis in children)
Contraindications of Mefacid Susp
- If the child is allergic to mefenamic acid or other painkillers such as ibuprofen or other ingredients of Mefacid Susp .
- If the child has a condition of inflammation, swelling and pain in the digestive tract.
- If the child suffers from asthma.
- If the child has or had problems of intestinal bleeding or stomach ulcers with or without the use of painkillers.
- If the child has heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- If the child suffers from epilepsy.
- If the child is on blood clotting medicines like warfarin.
Side effects of Mefacid Susp
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Mefacid Susp
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- The child has blood tests to be done, it is important to inform the doctor about the ongoing treatment with Mefacid Susp .
- The child develops skin allergies like skin rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
- Treatment with Mefacid Susp must not be continued for more than 7 days unless it is prescribed for Still's disease.
- The child has asthma or prone to seasonal allergies and rhinitis.
- The child may suffer from a heart, liver or kidney problem.
- The child has a stomach ache.
- The child may suffer from epilepsy, caution is advised.
Mode of Action of Mefacid Susp
How Does It Work?
Mefenamic acid in Mefacid Susp acts by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the inflammation, swelling and sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Mefacid Susp
- Mefacid Susp should be given to your child as instructed by your doctor
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity
- Do not give it directly from the bottle
Interactions of Mefacid Susp
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Mefacid Susp works, or Mefacid Susp itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Mefacid Susp
- Store Mefacid Susp at room temperature
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Mefacid Susp
If you have given too much of Mefacid Susp to the child, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed giving a dose of Mefacid Susp to the child, give it as soon as you remember. If it's the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and give the next dose at the scheduled time. Avoid
a double dose for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Mefacid Susp used for?
A: It is used for fever and pain relief in children.
Q: Can I take Mefacid Susp on an empty stomach?
A: No, the medicine must be taken after having food.
Q: Is Mefacid Susp a painkiller?
A: Yes, it is a pain killer. It is effective for pain only.
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 05:48 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved