Losar 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By UNICHEM LABORATORIES LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Losar Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing Losartan as its active ingredient. It belongs to the "Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARBs)" class of medicine. Losar Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and also helps to reduce other heart problems. While taking this medicine you should follow a healthy diet and should also exercise regularly. Losar Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by your doctor. The doctor may also suggest avoiding potassium supplements during the treatment because they may raise potassium levels in the bloodstream. So, it is necessary to keep a regular check on your blood pressure and the doctor may ask for a few kidney tests also during the treatment to check if the medicines are properly working. You should provide a complete medical history along with family history to your doctor before starting this medicine.
Uses of Losar 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Losar Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
Contraindications of Losar 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Losartan or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease.
Side effects of Losar 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Vertigo or giddiness
- Increased potassium in the blood
- Anaemia (low red blood cell count)
- Kidney problem
- A sudden drop in blood sugar level
- Increase in blood urea, serum creatinine and serum potassium (in patients with heart failure)
Precautions and Warnings of Losar 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Losar Tablet during pregnancy?
Do not take Losar Tablet if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or you are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby.
Can I take Losar Tablet while breastfeeding?
Losar Tablet is not recommended during breastfeeding. It is advisable to consult a doctor to find a safer alternative.
Can I drive if I have consumed Losar Tablet?
You may experience dizziness or drowsiness that can influence your ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, caution is advised while driving any vehicle when on Losar Tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Losar Tablet?
Caution is advised as alcohol makes blood pressure drop and can increase side effects like sedation or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat, tongue).
- You have vomiting or diarrhoea.
- Your blood vessels leading to your kidneys are narrow or had a kidney transplant.
- You are taking medicines like Diuretics.
- You have a liver problem.
- You are suffering from heart failure or any heart disease.
- Caution is required if you are diabetic and taking medicines like Enalapril, Lisinopril, Ramipril.
Mode of Action of Losar 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin-II released in your body causes the blood vessels to narrow, which leads to an increase in blood pressure. Losar Tablet prevents the binding of Angiotensin-II to its receptors, thus causing the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Losar 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Losar Tablet should be swallowed with water or as directed by the physician. The dose of this medicine should be taken at the same time every day.
Interactions of Losar 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Losar Tablet may interact with other medicines or vice versa. Therefore, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially if you are on certain medications like blood thinners (warfarin or heparin), anti-cancer medicines, anti-depressants like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other anti-hypertensives like water pills (furosemide), medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin etc.read less
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Losar Tablet and painkillers, should be avoided as it may impair kidney functions
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-bacterial medicines such as Trimethoprim, corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts etc.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Interactions with food items
Losar Tablet can be taken with or without food; it is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods.
Storage and disposal of Losar 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Do not store Losar Tablet above 25°C.
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Dosage of Losar 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Overdose symptoms of the Losar Tablet can include dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure, loss of consciousness.
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with Losar Tablet?
- You must give an account of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes and all the ongoing medications, supplements and herbal medicines that you are taking.
- If you take anti-diabetic medication or insulin, track your blood sugar carefully while taking losartan, particularly during the first month of its use.
- The combination of these diabetes medicines when on losartan may cause significant changes in your blood sugar levels owing to drug-drug interactions. Hence, sharing complete history is of utmost importance.read less
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions to be followed when I am taking Losar Tablet?
- Yes, avoid high potassium-containing foods (spinach, banana, peas, kidney beans).
- Low-salt diet preferred.
- Avoid fruits, foods and health supplements with a high potassium content.
Q: Why is Losar Tablet given?
A: Losar Tablet is given mainly to reduce the raised blood pressure and also as an adjuvant to treat certain heart conditions.
Q: What is the difference between Losar Tablet and Losar H?
A: Losar Tablet contains Losartan, while Losar H is a combination of Losartan and Hydrochlorthiazide. Both medicines are used to lower the raised blood pressure. However, the use of each medicine differs based on the blood pressure range and the conditions associated with it. Your doctor would assess your health condition and decide the most appropriate medicine for you.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 09:21 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved