Inosert 100mg Tab
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Inosert 100 mg tablet is a prescription medicine used to treat depression, panic attacks, anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, etc. Inosert 100 mg tablet contains 100 mg of sertraline as an active ingredient. Sertraline belongs to an essential class of antidepressants known as SSRIs (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors). Depression is a serious mental disorder in which what a person thinks, feels, and behaves is negatively affected and compromises the patient's quality of life and his family. Inosert 100 mg works by increasing the levels of an important chemical messenger in the brain, which helps the person feel better and uplifted. Panic disorder is characterised by unexpected and sudden episodes of extreme fear, worry and anxiety. Inosert 100 mg tablet works by calming down and making the person feel relaxed with the help of inhibition of serotonin reuptake. Serotonin governs how a person feels and behaves, which is why sometimes it is also called a happy chemical. The side effects of the Inosert 100 mg tablet are diarrhoea, dizziness, drowsiness, sleeplessness, tremors, headache, loss of appetite, dry mouth, delayed ejaculation, and decreased libido....
|You Save||₹23.95 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety disorder, Panic attacks, Obsessive-compulsive disorder|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, Headache, Agitation, Seizures|
Check more medicines with composition as Sertraline(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Inosert 100 MG
- Inosert 100 mg tablet is used for treating the symptoms of the following:
- Anxiety disorders
- Panic disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (characterised by panic attacks following a traumatic incidence)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (characterised by repetitive and compulsive activity)
Contraindications of Inosert 100 MG
- Inosert 100 mg tablet is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to the active ingredient, i.e. sertraline
- If you are an alcohol addict
- If you have severe suicidal tendencies
- If you have a seizure disorder
- If you are on monoamine oxidase inhibitors (an important class of antidepressants that increase serotonin levels in the brain), as together they can cause a life-threatening condition known as serotonin syndrome (characterised by flushing, increased blood pressure, fever, agitation, increased sweating, fast heart rate, etc.)...
Side effects of Inosert 100 MG
- The side effects of the Inosert 100 mg tablet are as follows:
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Delayed ejaculation
- Decreased libido
Precautions and Warnings of Inosert 100 MG
Can I take inosert 100 mg during pregnancy?
There is evidence that Inosert can harm the developing baby, so you must consult your doctor before taking it. It can be prescribed in emergency conditions where the risk to the mother outweighs the risk to the developing baby.
Can I have an Inosert 100 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
There is some evidence that Inosert can pass through breastmilk and affect the developing baby.
Can I drive if I have taken Inosert 100 mg tablet?
You must avoid driving as Inosert can cause drowsiness, affecting your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with an Inosert 100 mg tablet?
No, you must avoid alcohol, as it can make the side effects caused by Inosert more serious.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience a sudden change in your behaviour and mood, or you develop self-harming thoughts or suicidal tendencies.
- You are on diuretics (medicines given for hypertension), as they can further bring your blood sodium levels down because Inosert tends to decrease sodium levels.
- You have seizure disorder as Inosert can trigger seizures.
- You have liver dysfunction as Inosert gets broken down in the liver, and a weak liver cannot handle it. Do inform your doctor as your dose will be adjusted depending upon your clinical condition.
- You have diabetes; this medicine can affect your blood sugar levels.
- You suffer from glaucoma (a condition of the eye in which the pressure inside the eye increases either due to poor drainage or increased production)
Mode of Action of Inosert 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Inosert 100 mg tablet contains sertraline, which works by inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin. By doing it, Inosert maintains serotonin levels for more extended periods and makes the person feel better, calm, and sleep well....
Directions for Use of Inosert 100 MG
- Take this tablet as per your doctor's advice.
- Take it in the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- Take it at a fixed time each day.
- Do not self medicate; take it only if prescribed.
- Have this medicine as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Do not use the medicine if the packaging has been damaged.
- Do not use it if the date of expiry has passed.
Interactions of Inosert 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (they increase serotonin levels) must not be used with inosert, as both cause serotonin levels to shoot up.
- Pimozide also increases serotonin levels, so it must be used with caution if you are on sertraline.
Interactions with food items
- No specific food needs to be avoided. Try to follow a healthy schedule, drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated, and have fruits and vegetables regularly.
Storage and disposal of Inosert 100 MG
Store this medication in a cool and dry place away from moisture and direct sunlight. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not dispose of the unused tablets by flushing them down into the toilet. Do not throw the leftover medication inadvertently into the environment. Consult your pharmacist; they will suggest you the best way out....
Dosage of Inosert 100 MG
Symptoms of overdose include vomiting, flushing, diarrhoea, convulsions, loss of consciousness, death in severe cases. In case of an overdose, rush the patient to a nearby hospital at the earliest. Call the emergency helpline or the poison control helpline as soon as possible....
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as early as possible. Do not try to double the dose on your own. Try to have this medicine at the same time each day so that you do not miss the dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Inosert habit-forming?
A: No, it is not habit-forming but can produce withdrawal effects if suddenly stopped.
Q: Can Inosert cause weight gain?
A: Yes, it can cause weight gain. But sometimes it can cause weight loss also.
Q: When is the best time to have Inosert?
A: You can have it at any time, but try to have a fixed time each day. Some people feel sleepless after taking it, so you can have it in the morning.
- Medicines.org.uk. 2021. Sertraline 100mg film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Character. [cited 14 March 2022].
- Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021. DailyMed - SERTRALINE- sertraline hydrochloride tablet, film coated. [online]. [cited 14 March 2022].
- Ebs.tga.gov.au. 2021. TGA eBS - Product and Consumer Medicine Information Licence. [online]. [cited 14 March 2022].
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.