Hicope 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Hicope 10mg tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It contains hydroxyzine as its active ingredient that belongs to the class of medicines called antihistamines. This medicine is used for the management of the symptoms of allergic reactions like itching, runny nose, watery eyes, swelling, redness, itchiness of the skin, etc. This medicine works by blocking the production of chemicals (histamine) responsible for the allergy. It is advised to take this medicine preferably at bedtime as it may cause dizziness. Also, you should avoid driving and handling any machinery after taking this medicine as this medicine makes you less alert.
Uses of Hicope 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Hicope 10mg tablet is used for treating & preventing symptoms associated with seasonal or non-seasonal allergic rhinitis (a runny or itchy nose, sneezing, teary eyes).
- It is also used to treat the redness and itchiness of the skin.
Contraindications of Hicope 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Hicope 10mg tablet or any of its constituents.
- If you are suffering from any stomach-related problems.
- If you have low potassium or magnesium levels in the body.
- If you have a family history or recently had a heart-related problem or have a low heart rate.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Hicope 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- A dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Hicope 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Hicope 10mg tablet during pregnancy?
It is not advisable to have the course of this medicine during pregnancy as that may cause harmful effects such as congenital abnormalities in the foetus. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Hicope 10mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It may pass into the breastmilk, therefore, it is advised not to take this medicine while breastfeeding unless your doctor has suggested doing so.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Hicope 10mg tablet?
No, it is not advisable to drive after consuming this medicine, as it causes drowsiness and dizziness, which affects the driving ability of an individual.
Can I consume alcohol with the Hicope 10mg tablet?
Consumption of alcohol during the treatment may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness. Hence, it is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the course of medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Before starting the treatment, your doctor needs to be informed if you have any kind of medical conditions like heart problems, increased pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma), fits, high blood pressure (hypertension), muscle weakness, etc.read less
- You have bladder problems, as this medicine can increase the risk of urinary retention.
- You have an overactive thyroid.
- Avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment.
Mode of Action of Hicope 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Our body produces a substance during an allergic reaction, called histamine. Hicope 10mg tablet blocks the effect of histamine and controls allergic symptoms like itching, running nose, etc. by inducing sleep or producing a calming effect.
Directions for Use of Hicope 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- It is advisable to take this medicine as per your physician's advice.
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with water. Don't chew, break or crush.
- Please do not modify the dose or stop it before the prescribed duration, even if you feel better.
Interactions of Hicope 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Hicope 10mg tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Hicope 10mg tablet works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like muscle relaxants, medicines used for brain-related disorders, strong painkillers, antibiotics, anti-cancer and anti-malarial medicines, anti-HIV medicines, etc.read less
Storage and disposal of Hicope 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Hicope 10mg tablet should be stored at room temperature and away from sunlight, moisture and children.
- Discard the expired products, do not use them beyond the stated expiry date of the product.
Dosage of Hicope 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
An overdose may lead to unconsciousness, nausea or vomiting, drowsiness, uncontrolled muscle movement. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine or experience any of such symptoms, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.read less
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to take while on medication for the Hicope 10mg tablet?
- This medicine is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, so you should not drive or do any activity like operating machinery after taking this medicine.
- Immediately after taking this medicine, you may develop symptoms like rashes, difficulty in breathing or itching. If you notice these side effects persistently, immediately contact your doctor.
- Avoid drinking alcohol during the treatment.
Q: I am eight months pregnant; also I have a running nose. Should I consume the Hicope 10mg tablet?
A: Do not consume the Hicope 10mg tablet as it can cause harmful effects such as congenital abnormalities in the foetus. It is not advisable to have the course of medicine during pregnancy. For a runny nose, consult your doctor for alternatives.
Q: Can Hicope 10mg tablet make you gain weight?
A: Yes, it is one of the side effects that you will gain weight. Hence, contact the doctor in case of abnormal observations.
Q: Can I drive after taking the Hicope 10mg tablet?
A: Do not drive after the consumption of Hicope 10mg tablet as it can make you feel drowsy, sleepy and less alert than usual. Hence, it is to be avoided before driving.
Q: Does the use of Hicope 10mg tablet cause any unwanted effects in elderly patients?
A: Yes, elderly patients are more likely to have unwanted side effects (such as confusion, drowsiness) and age-related liver, kidney, or heart problems during their medication.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 05:37 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved