Glimison M 1mg Tablet
Glimison M 1mg Tablet Description
Glimison M1 tablet is an anti-diabetic medication. It contains a combination of glimepiride and metformin as active substances. Glimison M1 tablet is used to manage blood sugar levels in type 2 diabe
tes when glimepiride or metformin alone is not effective. Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a condition in which your pancreas does not make enough insulin to keep blood sugar levels under control and your body is unable to use its own insulin adequately. Glimison M1 tablet works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the production and absorption of sugar. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of its components or have type 1 diabetes. Take it in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Glimison M1 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Also, inform about all the medicines and supplements that you take. Along with taking this medicine, it is beneficial to maintain a healthy lifestyle with exercise and dietary modifications for adequate control of your blood sugar levels.
- Glimidib M 1mg Sr Tablets 10'sBy Helios Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.78₹ 74.61₹ 7.46/Tablet
- Ziglim M 1mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Fdc Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.40₹ 63.40₹ 4.23/Tablet
- Isryl M 1 Tablets 15'sBy Systopic Laboratories15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 39.00₹ 33.1515% CHEAPER₹ 2.21/Tablet
- Gepride M 1mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 94.50₹ 80.32₹ 8.03/Tablet
- Glucoryl M 1mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 159.00₹ 135.15₹ 9.01/Tablet
- Glimchek M 1mg Srtip Of 10 TabletsBy Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.98₹ 47.98₹ 4.8/Tablet
- Glynamic M 1mg Tablets 10'sBy Fusion Health Care10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.00₹ 54.40₹ 5.44/Tablet
- Metffil G1 TabletsBy Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.00₹ 47.00₹ 4.7/Tablet
- Gmt Sr 1mg TabletBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 108.00₹ 91.80₹ 9.18/Tablet
- Walaphage G 1mg Tablet 15'sBy Wallace Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.00₹ 68.00₹ 4.53/Tablet
Uses of Glimison M 1mg Tablet
Contraindications of Glimison M 1mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride, or any of the ingredients of Glimison M1 tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have kidney or liver failure.
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis, or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, or shock.
- If you are going to take injections containing iodine.
- If you have had heart or lung failure or had a recent incidence of heart attack or shock.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Glimison M 1mg Tablet
- Loss of taste sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Glimison M 1mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness, or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Inform your doctor....
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness, and weakness.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test that involves the injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhea, vomiting, or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You have to undergo surgery in the near future.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are overweight.
Mode of Action of Glimison M 1mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Glimison M1 tablet contains a combination of glimepiride and metformin as active substances.
- Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level by increasing the release of insulin hormone from the pancreas. Insulin helps to move sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption of sugar in the intestine and its production by the liver.
- Both of these components allow the cells of the body to use blood sugar more effectively, thereby reducing blood sugar.
Directions for Use of Glimison M 1mg Tablet
- Take Glimison M1 tablet as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at the same time every day for optimal results.
- Avoid consuming more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Glimison M 1mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glimison M1 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements, or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like insulin, pioglitazone, medicines for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors like captopril), steroids, chloramphenicol, fenfluramine, fenyramidol, medicines to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicines to manage depression (fluoxetine), medicines to treat blood clotting like coumarins, cyclophosphamide, miconazole, probenecid, antibiotics like clarithromycin, doxycycline, ofloxacin, etc....
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, acetazolamide, water pill, phenytoin, rifampicin, medicines for constipation, and medicines for thyroid disorders.
- Medicines like anti-allergics (ranitidine), clonidine, reserpine, and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol can alter the way this medicine works and may block your body's response to low blood sugar. This can lead to dangerously low levels of blood sugar....
- Medicines like diclofenac, ibuprofen, water pill, and enalapril may affect your kidney functions if taken along with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat thyroid disorders can affect the way this medicine works.
Storage and disposal of Glimison M 1mg Tablet
- Store Glimison M1 tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Protect it from moisture.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Glimison M 1mg Tablet
- An overdose of Glimison M1 tablet may lead to severe low blood sugar and lactic acidosis. This can result in symptoms like headache, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, impaired alertness and reactions, confusion, and dizziness....
- If you think you have taken an overdose of this medicine or you experience these symptoms, immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (sugar candy).
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of anti-diabetic medications as it may lead to fluctuations in your blood sugar level.
- However, if you missed any dose of Glimison M1 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow if I am diabetic?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily
- Carry fruit or low calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach and taking double dose
- If you are taking any medicines mentioned in the drug interaction section, you need to inform your doctor
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose ...
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.