Gerpenam 1gm Inj
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gerpenam Injection is used to treat severe and serious infections caused by various infection-causing bacteria. Gerpenam Injection contains meropenem as its active ingredient. It is a higher-end antibiotic. Meropenem works by killing bacteria that cause infection. This medicine will be administered under medical supervision. Inform your doctor if you have any other medical conditions or if you are on any other medication or supplements....
Uses of Gerpenam 1gm Inj
- Gerpenam Injection is used to treat severe bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Gerpenam 1gm Inj
If you are allergic to meropenem, any other antibiotics or any other ingredients of Gerpenam Injection
Side effects of Gerpenam 1gm Inj
Pain, inflammation, swelling, redness at the injection site, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rash, headache, stomach ache
Precautions and Warnings of Gerpenam 1gm Inj
Can I take Gerpenam Injection during pregnancy?
Gerpenam Injection should be used only if prescribed by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby.
Can I take Gerpenam Injection while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available about the effect of Gerpenam Injection on breastfeeding. Thus it should be used only if prescribed by your doctor. Consult your doctor for further details.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gerpenam Injection?
Gerpenam Injection does not affect your ability to drive. However, if you have a headache, tingling numbness in your hands or legs then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Gerpenam Injection?
There is limited information available about the effect of alcohol of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diarrhoea after taking & during treatment
- You experience an allergic reaction (rashes, itching, swelling, dizziness, breathlessness)
- You have existing liver or kidney disease
- You have a history of fits and other brain problems
- You are on any medications
Mode of Action of Gerpenam 1gm Inj
How Does It Work?
Meropenem inhibits the formation of the bacterial cell wall and thus killing the bacteria which causes the infection.
Directions for Use of Gerpenam 1gm Inj
Gerpenam Injection will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Gerpenam 1gm Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Gerpenam Injection works, or Gerpenam Injection itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat blood thinners like warfarin, medicines for brain-related disorders such as valproic acid and medicines used to treat gout such as probenecid.
Storage and disposal of Gerpenam 1gm Inj
- Store in a cool dry place. Protect it from light.
- Do not freeze.
Dosage of Gerpenam 1gm Inj
Gerpenam Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of Gerpenam Injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare setup. However, if you have missed any dose of this injection inform your doctor or nurse immediately....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Gerpenam Injection be used to relieve pain?
A: No, Gerpenam Injection is not a pain killer. This medicine only treats severe bacterial infections.
Q: I have fever, cough and cold, can I take Gerpenam Injection?
A: No, Gerpenam Injection is not for normal infections. It is for serious complicated infections like pneumonia etc. Also, it is not helpful against viruses or flu.
Q: Is Gerpenam Injection an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Gerpenam Injection is an antibiotic.
Expires on or After