Forair 250mcg Box Of 30 Respicaps
By ZYDUS HEALTHCARE LIMITED
30 Respicap(s) in Box
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Forair 250mcg Box Of 30 Respicaps Description
Forair respicaps contain capsules to be used with an inhaler. The capsules contain powdered medicines, salmeterol and fluticasone propionate. They are used in treatment of asthma and to maintain airf
low in patients having chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
|You Save||₹65.48 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Salmeterol(50.0 Mcg) + Fluticasone(250.0 Mcg)|
|Uses||Asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease|
|Side effects||Throat irritation, headache, nausea, vomiting, cough|
Check more medicines with composition as Salmeterol(50.0 Mcg) + Fluticasone(250.0 Mcg)
Uses of Forair 250mcg Box Of 30 Respicaps
- Asthma as maintenance treatment
- Chronic pulmonary obstructive disease (COPD) to maintain airflow
Contraindications of Forair 250mcg Box Of 30 Respicaps
- In acute episodes of asthma or COPD that need intensive measures
- Allery to milk proteins
- Primary treatment of status asthmaticus
- Patients allergic to fluticasone or salmeterol of other contents of this medicine
Side effects of Forair 250mcg Box Of 30 Respicaps
- Throat inflammation
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Forair 250mcg Box Of 30 Respicaps
Is taking the Forair respicaps safe during pregnancy?
It should only be used in pregnancy if the doctor weighs the benefits greater over the adverse effects since its safety has not been well established.
Is it okay to take Forair respicaps when I'm breastfeeding?
Other medicines that belong to same category as fluticasone have been found in breast milk. Hence, it should be used with caution after doctor's advice.
Can I drive after taking the Forair respicaps?
If you feel dizzy after taking the medicine, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol after taking the Forair respicaps powder?
Ask the doctor about the safety of consuming alcohol while on Forair therapy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart or blood pressure issues
- You have problems with liver function or immune system problems
- You have been exposed to chickenpox or measles
- You have osteoporosis
- You have thyroid issues or get seizures
- Your symptoms have not at all improved since you started taking Forair
- You are suffering from any other diseases
- You are taking other medicines, or any vitamins or supplements
- You are taking other medicines for asthma or breathing issues
- Your breathing difficulty increases after starting Forair therapy
- You have diabetes
Mode of Action of Forair 250mcg Box Of 30 Respicaps
How Does It Work?
The active medicine fluticasone has anti-inflammatory properties which helps in providing relief in asthma. It acts on various types of cells in the body involved in inflammation and reduces it. Salmeterol acts by relaxing the muscles in the airways and inhibits release of chemicals from particular cells (mast cells) that induce an allergic reaction and cause difficulty in breathing....
Directions for Use of Forair 250mcg Box Of 30 Respicaps
- Use the inhalation capsules regularly as told by the doctor
- This medicine does not provide quick relief in asthma attacks
- The full benefit of the medicine may not be evident until the first few weeks
- reach out to the doctor if your symptoms worsen
- Do not increase dosage or take it whenever you want, follow the doctor's instructions
- Do not stop taking it, contact the doctor first
- Consult with your doctor about proper usage of inhaler and these capsules
- Inhaler should not be kept in water or washed with water, it should always be clean and dry
- Wipe its mouthpiece before use
- Ask the doctor about the dose counter mentioned on the inhaler and how to read it
- Rinse your mouth with water after using the inhaler, do not swallow this water
Interactions of Forair 250mcg Box Of 30 Respicaps
Interactions with other medicines
- Some antidepressant and medicines of class monoamine oxidase inhibitors may enhance the effects of salmeterol unnecessarily
- Blood pressure medicines of category beta blockers can stop the effect of salmeterol and even cause severe obstruction of the airways
- Giving this medicine with ketoconazole or ritonavir may increase risk of fluticasone entering the blood circulation and toxic effects
- Diuretics of certain categories like loop diuretics or thiazide ones if given with Forair may produce further deficiency of potassium or cause changes in heart rhythm
- Concurrent use with medicines like atazanavir, clarithromycin, itraconazole, etc. expose the patient to greater risk of heart related adverse effects
Storage and disposal of Forair 250mcg Box Of 30 Respicaps
Keep the inhaler cap closed during storage. Store the respicaps at room temperature, away from direct heat or light. Do not let children get hold of it.
Dosage of Forair 250mcg Box Of 30 Respicaps
Salmeterol may produce some undesirable adverse effects if overdosed with Forair. Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect overdosage.
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, do not take two doses together. Take the next dose in your schedule as prescribed by the doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Forair be used by children?
A: Forair can be used in children only under strict supervision and with the help of an adult.
Q: Can I stop taking Forair respicaps if my symptoms improve?
A: Do not stop taking it. It may cause greater complications.
Q: What other precautions should I take?
A: You should be aware of your triggers of asthma. You must avoid smoking, as it may worsen your condition. Ask the doctor for further information.
Q: I am a diabetic patient. Can this medicine affect my blood sugar levels?
A: It is important to monitor blood glucose levels especially in diabetics as salmeterol may cause it to increase in some patients. Tell your doctor if you are taking diabetes medicines.
- Advair Diskus Label [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 25 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2008/021077s029lbl.pdf
- DailyMed - FLUTICASONE PROPIONATE AND SALMETEROL powder, metered [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 25 March 2022]. Available from: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=77269609-fb89-47c7-97cc-22e0183e91ae
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- FORAIR 250MCG BOX OF 120MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- FORAIR 50/500MCG NOVOCART BOX OF 100MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- FORAIR 125MCG BOX OF 120MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- FORAIR 50/100MCG NOVOCART BOX OF 100MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- FORAIR 50MG INHALER
- FORAIR 100MCG BOTTLE OF 30 RESPICAPS
- FORAIR 500MG RESPICAPS
- FORAIR 250MG NOVOCART
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed