Eskaycillin 500mg Capsules
Eskaycillin 500mg Capsules Description
Eskaycillin Capsule is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of certain bacterial infections such as infections of the lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues, sexually transmitted disease
s, urinary tract, etc. It contains ampicillin as an active ingredient that belongs to the penicillin group of antibiotics. This medicine is not to be used in viral infections like flu, cold, etc. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Eskaycillin 500mg Capsules
Contraindications of Eskaycillin 500mg Capsules
- If you are allergic to ampicillin or any of the other ingredients of Eskaycillin Capsule.
- If you are allergic to any other antibiotics belonging to penicillin or cephalosporin class of antibiotics (called beta-lactams).
Side effects of Eskaycillin 500mg Capsules
- Skin rash, itching, irritation, redness
Precautions and Warnings of Eskaycillin 500mg Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions like skin rash and swelling of the face or neck due to antibiotic use.
- You are already taking any other antibiotic medicine.
- You have any blood-related disorder.
- You have kidney problems.
- You have low immunity or have glandular fever.
- You are going to have urine tests for glucose, as this medicine may affect the test results.
Mode of Action of Eskaycillin 500mg Capsules
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Eskaycillin 500mg Capsules
- Eskaycillin Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Eskaycillin 500mg Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Eskaycillin Capsule may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- In particular, if you are taking any other antibiotic medicines, anti-gout medicines, oral contraceptives, probenecid, allopurinol, etc.
Storage and disposal of Eskaycillin 500mg Capsules
- Store Eskaycillin Capsule at room temperature.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.