Ditide Strip Of 10 Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ditide Tablet contains a combination of Triamterene and Benzthiazide. They belong to the diuretic class of medicines and are also called water pills. It is used to treat oedema (swelling due to build-up fluid) in patients with heart, liver or kidney disorder, which can thereby cause high blood pressure. This medicine helps the kidney remove water and sodium from the body through urine and further decrease blood pressure. It should not be used in pregnant and breastfeeding women. This medicine will increase the frequency of urination and can also cause a dry mouth, increased thirst, dizziness, headache. For optimal results, a Ditide tablet should be taken at a fixed time and you should never miss the dose. You should provide a complete personal history to your doctor including your pre-existing medical conditions like diabetes, blood pressure, liver or kidney disorders; lab reports if being tested and if you are on any current medication, supplements or herbal preparations. If you experience any other undesirable effects, connect with your doctor or nearby hospital immediately.
Uses of Ditide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ditide tablet is used to control oedema which is a build-up of fluid in the body, in case of heart failure (when the heart doesn’t pump efficiently), liver disorder or kidney disorder associated with the use of corticosteroids like prednisone, cortisone.
Contraindications of Ditide Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Triamterene, benzthiazide or any other components of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or you are a breastfeeding woman.
- If your potassium and calcium levels are high.
- If you are on potassium supplements or blood pressure-lowering medicines like enalapril, captopril.
- If you have progressive kidney diseases with decreased or no urine production.
- If you have progressive liver diseases.
- If you have diabetes complication like diabetic ketoacidosis.
- If you have a disease of the adrenal glands causing weakness, weight loss and a deficiency of hormones in the blood (Addison’s disease).
Side effects of Ditide Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, thirst, a dry mouth
- Muscle cramps, weakness, dizziness, headache
- A decrease in blood pressure and blood volume
- An electrolyte imbalance
- Increased urination
- Kidney stones
- Increase in blood glucose levels
- Increase in blood lipid levels
Precautions and Warnings of Ditide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Ditide tablet during pregnancy?
No, this medicine should not be consumed while you are pregnant as components of this medicine pass through the placenta and can be harmful to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Please consult your doctor before taking any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take the Ditide tablet while breastfeeding?
No, this medicine should not be used while breastfeeding as components of this medicine pass into the breastmilk and can be harmful to the baby. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Ditide tablet?
It has no effect on your ability to drive. However, do not drive if you experience the side effects of this medicine like dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with the Ditide tablet?
Alcohol should not be consumed along with this medicine. It can worsen the side effects. However, if you have a habit of consuming alcohol daily talk to your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes, liver, pancreas or kidney disease.
- You have predisposed gout that is increased uric acid levels.
- You are on other blood pressure-lowering medicines.
- You are on diabetic medication or have diabetic complications like diabetic nephropathy (a condition in which having high blood glucose levels due to diabetes can damage the part of the kidneys that filters your blood).read less
- Your urine is fluorescent blue in colour after taking this medicine.
- You can experience rash or sunburn of skin, it is advisable to apply sunscreen to protect your skin.
- You have an abnormal electrolyte level.
Mode of Action of Ditide Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Ditide Tablet is a combination of Triamterene and Benzthiazide.
- Triamterene and Benzthiazide belong to a class of medications called diuretics ('water pills'). They work by reducing the reabsorption of electrolytes from the kidney, thereby eliminating the excess of water and sodium from the body into the urine, but reduces the loss of potassium.read less
Directions for Use of Ditide Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Ditide Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and you should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ditide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ditide tablet work or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines such as painkillers, medicines for heart or brain diseases and medicines for diabetes.
Storage and disposal of Ditide Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it at temperatures not exceeding 30ºC in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ditide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose of this medicine include nausea, vomiting, weakness, lack of energy, muscular weakness, decreased blood pressure and an electrolyte imbalance, especially increased potassium levels which can cause irregular heart rhythms. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of the Ditide tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
- Restrict the salt intake in your diet.
- Follow a low carb, low-fat food, eat more fruits and leafy vegetables.
- Avoid packaged food.
- Exercise regularly for 30- 40 minutes every day.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Take proper medication as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop this medicine if I experience severe side effects?
A: No, you should never stop any of the medications without consulting your doctor as it may lead to serious complications. Talk to your doctor about all the intolerable side effects, he can suggest some alternative medicine.
Q: Why do I experience frequent urination?
A: The excess fluid build up in the body gets eliminated via urine, thereby lowering your blood pressure and providing relief from oedema.
Q: When and how to consume the medicine?
A: Take the Ditide tablet exactly as prescribed by your physician. Do not alter the dosages and duration unless it is advised. Do not suddenly stop the drug since it can have adverse reactions. Do not chew, crush or break the tablet. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
Last Updated on: 24 Mar 2021 | 08:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved