Diclo Plus Tablet
Diclo Plus Tablet Description
Diclo Plus tablet contains diclofenac and paracetamol.It is pain-relieving medicine used for relieving headache, body ache, backaches, joint pain, and toothache. It also helps in reducing swelling, p
ain and stiffness in the case of arthritis and spondylitis. This medicine works by reducing the formation of certain chemicals responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation. Please discuss with your doctor before taking this medicine, especially if you have liver or kidney problems, blood clotting issues, asthma, any autoimmune disorders or ulcers. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines, over-the-counter products and herbal preparations you are taking before starting with Diclo plus.
|You Save||₹6.05 (25% on MRP)|
|Contains||Diclofenac(50.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain and inflammation|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, indigestion|
- Diclokem Plus 50/325 Mg Tablet 10By Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 34.00₹ 28.90₹ 2.89/Tablet
- Goldpar TabletBy Maestro Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 48.50₹ 41.22₹ 4.12/Tablet
- Diclomol Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Win-medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 93.40₹ 79.39₹ 7.94/Tablet
- Dicloran A Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lekar Pharma Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 74.05₹ 62.94₹ 6.29/Tablet
- Diclogesic TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 55.25₹ 46.96₹ 4.7/Tablet
Uses of Diclo Plus Tablet
Contraindications of Diclo Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to Paracetamol, Diclofenac or other ingredients of Diclo plus.
- If you have severe heart problems such as heart failure, high blood pressure or brain diseases.
- If you have liver and kidney disorder or dysfunction.
- If you experience asthma, skin rashes, swelling & allergies after taking aspirin or any other painkillers.
- If you have a history of frequent stomach ulcers and bleeding or have an active ulcer.
- If you are pregnant especially, in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Diclo Plus Tablet
- Black stools
- Stomach pain
- Mouth ulcer, loose motions
- Skin rashes
- Excess sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Diclo Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have kidney disorders; Diclo plus can increase the risk of kidney failure, then your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems such as bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease.
- You have asthma, as this medicine can worsen the same.
- You have an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are an alcoholic, as concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood clotting.
- You suffer from skin rashes & lesions after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Diclo Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Diclo Plus Tablet
Interactions of Diclo Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines containing Paracetamol component because there is an increased risk of liver damage.
- Diclo Plus tablet can interfere with other medicines used for treating high blood pressure.
- Water pills, if taken along with Diclo Plus tablet, can lead to kidney damage.
- Diclo Plus tablet can increase the levels of Digoxin (used to treat heart failure) and lithium (used to treat Brain disorders) if taken concomitantly.
- Medicines such as ciclosporin & tacrolimus used to modify immune response can cause kidney damage if taken with Diclo Plus tablet.
- Diclo Plus tablet increases your risk of getting stomach ulcers or bleeding if taken along with steroidal medicines.
- Diclo Plus tablet increases the risk of bleeding if taken with blood thinners such as Warfarin and Coumarin.
- Increased risk of getting fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin.
- If you are taking medicines for treating diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs.
- Diclo Plus tablet should be taken one hour before, or 4-6 hours after consumption of Colestipol and Cholestyramine (medicines used to lower cholesterol levels).
- Diclo Plus tablet should not be consumed least for 8-10 days after taking a medicine containing Mifepristone.
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines such as Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine and Phenytoin (medicines to treat brain-related disorders).
- Probenecid (used to treat gout), Rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis), Zidovudine ( used for HIV infections), herbal preparations such as St. John's Wort and Methotrexate should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Diclo Plus Tablet
- Store the tablets in a cool and dry place and away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Diclo Plus Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Diclo Plus tablet cause addiction?
Q: Can I take paracetamol with Diclo Plus tablet?
Q: Is Diclo Plus tablet a pain-killer?
Q: Can Diclo Plus tablet be used for knee pain?
Q: What can I do to reduce the after-effects of Diclo Plus tablet
- To avoid the after-effects, you should always take this medicine with food, in the lowest possible dose and for the shortest duration.
- Avoid taking any other OTC products to eliminate any interaction.
- Do not take it before any cardiac surgeries and if you have an existing ulcer or a bleeding problem.
- If you are planning to take this medicine for a long term, discuss it with your doctor for a safer alternative.