Dextrose 10% Infusion 1000ml (Skkl)
By SHREE KRISHNAKESHAV LABORATORIES
1000ml Solution For Infusion in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dextrose 10 % Description
Dextrose Solution For Infusion contains dextrose as active ingredient. It is used to replace fluid loss and decreased calorie intake. This Solution For Infusion is a source of hydration and calorie f
or the body. It will be administered to you at a hospital or clinic set up by a doctor or nurse.
|You Save||₹4.12 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Injection site reaction|
Check more medicines with composition as Dextrose(10.0 %)
Uses of Dextrose 10 %
Dextrose Solution For Infusion is used as a source of hydration (water) and calories.
Contraindications of Dextrose 10 %
- If you are allergic to dextrose, corn or corn products or any other ingredients of Dextrose Solution For Infusion.
- Dextrose should not be administered simultaneously with blood.
Side effects of Dextrose 10 %
- Injection site reaction
- Increased blood volume
Precautions and Warnings of Dextrose 10 %
Can I take Dextrose Solution For Infusion during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Dextrose Solution For Infusion in pregnancy. This medicine can be used during pregnancy if prescribed by your doctor after assessing the need.
Can I take Dextrose Solution For Infusion while breastfeeding?
Dextrose Solution For Infusion can be used during breastfeeding with caution. Talk to your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dextrose Solution For Infusion?
If you experience dizziness or altered consciousness after taking Dextrose, it is advised to avoid or be cautious while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Dextrose Solution For Infusion?
There is limited information on the interaction of alcohol with Dextrose Solution For Infusion. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Dextrose Solution For Infusion.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience a decrease in the level of potassium or electrolyte imbalance.
- You are on blood transfusion.
- You are diabetic or pre-diabetic.
- You experience swelling or fluid overload, acid-base imbalance.
- You have kidney or heart disease.
- Dextrose is being used in infants or children.
Mode of Action of Dextrose 10 %
How Does It Work?
Dextrose works by increasing the fluid volume in the body caused due to fluid loss.
Directions for Use of Dextrose 10 %
Dextrose Solution For Infusion will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Dextrose 10 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dextrose Solution For Infusion works or Dextrose itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Dextrose 10 %
- Store Dextrose Solution For Infusion under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Dextrose 10 %
Dextrose Solution For Infusion will be given by a doctor or nurse. Thus, the chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of Dextrose Solution For Infusion will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed any dose of this injection, inform your doctor or nurse immediately....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why is Dextrose Solution For Infusion given to me?
A: Dextrose is given to patients with fluid loss, dehyration, decreased calorie intake and also if you have low blood sugar levels.
Q: How is Dextrose given?
A: Dextrose will be given to you via intravenous (IV) route.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- DEXTROSE 25% INJECTION 100ML
- DEXTROSE 20% BOTTLE INJECTION 500ML
- DEXTROSE 5% PLASTIC INJECTION 500ML
- DEXTROSE 25% BAG INJECTION 100ML
- DEXTROSE 10% INJECTION 500ML
- DEXTROSE 25% INFUSION 100ML (SKKL)
- DEXTROSE 25% INFUSION 500ML (SKKL)
- DEXTROSE 50 % INFUSION 100 ML
- DEXTROSE 25% INJECTION 25ML
- DEXTROSE 50% INFUSION 100ML (SKKL)
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed