Depopred Inj 2ml
By SUN PHARMA
2ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Depopred Inj 2ml contains Methylprednisolone. It is a steroid medicine used in various allergic conditions. It works by suppressing the immune response in allergies, inflammation and organ transplant. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to steroids, pregnant or breastfeeding. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, herbal preparations and over-the-counter medicines you are taking before starting with Depopred Inj 2ml.
Uses of Depopred Inj 2ml
- Allergic conditions like asthma, skin allergies and life-threatening allergies area anaphylaxis.
- Inflammation and swelling of the lungs, throat, voice box, intestine, stomach and gut.
- TB infection spreading from the lungs to other body parts along with other anti-TB medicines.
- For the treatment of various forms of autoimmune anemia forms and relieving symptoms in cancer of blood and lymph.
- During surgeries and transplants to modify immune response and condition of breathing in of stomach content and any other conditions requiring immediate corticosteroid therapy.
Contraindications of Depopred Inj 2ml
- If you are allergic to this medicine or steroids or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have any serious fungal infection, such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe.
- If you have any other infection and you are not taking any antibiotics or antiviral medicine to treat that infection.
- If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination schedule.
Side effects of Depopred Inj 2ml
- Increased susceptibility for infections
- Bloating and increased water retention in the body
- Mood disorders
- A rise in blood pressure
- Bleeding stomach ulcers
- Muscle weakness and delayed growth in children
- Eye disorders like cataract
- Delayed wound healing
- Headache, dizziness, fits (common when injected in the spinal cord)
Precautions and Warnings of Depopred Inj 2ml
Can I take Depopred Inj 2ml during pregnancy?
Pregnant women are not advised to take this medicine as it can lead to low birth weight, improper growth and abnormal brain development in the growing foetus. Cases of cataracts have been observed in babies born to mothers taking steroids for long-term. Thus, unless your doctor feels that the benefits of taking it outweigh the risks, a pregnant woman should not take this medicine.
Can I take Depopred Inj 2ml while breastfeeding?
Depopred Inj 2ml passes into breast milk in small amounts. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by a physician.
Can I drive if I have taken Depopred Inj 2ml?
Depopred Inj 2ml can make you feel dizzy, fatigued and can affect your vision, thus you should avoid driving in case you experience any of these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Depopred Inj 2ml?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it is important to consult your physician before drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop cataracts.
- You are elderly, you have heart problems, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- This medicine makes you more prone to infections, in case you already have any infections like a fungal infection, or you have measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response. Discuss your condition with a doctor.read less
- It can impair the fertility of an individual.
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Depopred Inj 2ml
How Does It Work?
Methylprednisolone is a man-made steroid. Steroids are hormones produced in the human body and responsible for normal body functions. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies and inflammation during organ transplantation. It can also delay the progress of leukemia (blood cancer) and is critical in the maintenance of normal body functions during stress.
Directions for Use of Depopred Inj 2ml
- Depopred Inj 2ml will be given to you in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Depopred Inj 2ml
Interactions with other medicines
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking antibiotics like Rifabutin, antitubercular medicine like Rifampicin, medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbital, Phenytoin.
- Concomitant use of antibiotic medicine like Troleandomycin & Isoniazid, blood pressure medicine like Mibefradil and ulcer medicine like Cimetidine can lead to steroid toxicity.
- If you are taking medicines used to treat fits such as Carbamazapine, medicine to stop vomiting like Aprepitant, antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, medicines used to treat blood pressure and angina like Diltizam, oral contraceptive medicines like Ethinyl estradiol and Norethindrone, antibiotics like Erythromycin and Clarithromycin, immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin, Tacrolimus you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.read less
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or Aspirin along with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis) such as Distigmine, Neostigmine and Pancuronium, if taken along can lead to muscle weakness.
- You should be cautious if you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine, medicines to stop blood clotting, water pills and Aminoglutethimide.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Depopred Inj 2ml
- Store Depopred Inj 2ml at room temperature and away from sunlight, heat and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Any unused portion should be discarded properly
Dosage of Depopred Inj 2ml
- Your doctor or nurse will give Depopred Inj 2ml to you in a hospital or clinic, therefore it is less likely to provide you with an overdose of this medicine.
- However, if you experience any discomfort right after taking this injection please inform your doctor immediately.
- A significant overdose of this medicine can cause liver damage and kidney failure.
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you, thus it is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Depopred Inj 2ml
A: It is important to inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical/surgical history, especially if you have any diseases like bleeding anomalies, fungal infections, kidney ailments or liver diseases.
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
A: No steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly, your dose will be gradually reduced by your doctor before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can I take vaccinations during this medicine?
A: Depopred Inj 2ml can reduce the effectiveness of some vaccines. Hence, it is best to consult your doctor before doing so.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 12:23 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved