Daxid 100mg Tablet
Daxid 100 MG Description
Daxid tablets are an antidepressant that has the active ingredient Sertraline. The medicine is used to treat depression, panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder a
nd social anxiety disorder. The medication is also effective in relieving the symptoms of the premenstrual dysphoric disorder (a severe form of PMS), which includes symptoms like irritability, mood swings, breast tenderness and bloating. Daxid Tablets belong to a class of antidepressants known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs. The medicine increases the amount of Serotonin in the brain. It is a natural substance that helps in maintaining mental balance. Some common side effects with the use of Daxid Tablet are nausea, loss of appetite, excess sweating, tremors, and diarrhoea. Before taking Daxid tablets, inform your doctor if you have a history of epilepsy, diabetes, liver or kidney disease, heart disease, or glaucoma.
|You Save||₹40.14 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, social anxiety disorde|
|Side effects||Nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, vomiting, heartburn, dry mouth|
Uses of Daxid 100 MG
- For the treatment of -
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (a severe form of premenstrual symptoms like mood shifts)
- Panic Attacks (immense fear or anxiety not proportional to the cause)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (a pattern of unwanted thoughts and repetitive behaviours)
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (Failure to recover due to experiencing or witnessing a terrifying event with symptoms like flashbacks and sweating)
- Social Anxiety Disorder (A mental health condition where social interactions may cause excessive anxiety)
Contraindications of Daxid 100 MG
- If you’ve used MAOIs that are intended to treat psychiatric disorders
- If you’re on Linezolid or intravenous methylene blue
- If there is concomitant use in patients taking pimozide
- If you’ve a hypersensitivity to sertraline
- If you’re sensitive to any ingredients in Daxid Tablets
Side effects of Daxid 100 MG
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Talk to your doctor if the symptoms of some or most of the side effects are severe and do not go away.
Precautions and Warnings of Daxid 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver conditions.
- You have any kidney or heart conditions before starting the medicines.
- You’ve a history of seizures or convulsions.
- You suffer from high blood pressure.
- The use of Daxid Tablet among children or adolescents is cautioned, and the potential risks must be assessed before such use. Do not administer this medication to children without consulting your doctor....
Mode of Action of Daxid 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Daxid 100 MG
- Daxid Tablet is to be taken orally at the same time every day.
- Follow directions on the prescription label of your medicine.
- Take Daxid exactly as directed by the physician or the doctor.
- Do not take more or less than is prescribed by your doctor.
- It might take a few weeks before you start to feel the benefit of Daxid.
- Continue to take Daxid even when you feel better.
- The patient should not stop using this medication without consulting your doctor.
- If you stop taking this medication, you might experience withdrawal symptoms like nausea, depression, sweating, mood changes or abnormally excited mood.
Interactions of Daxid 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Daxid Tablets may have interactions with :
- Psychotropic medications that interfere with serotonin reuptake
- NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
Interactions with food items
- Daxid Tablets can be administered after having a meal or without food. The patient must take it at a fixed time daily to ensure the best results. Daxid Tablets may cause excess sedation with alcohol.
Storage and disposal of Daxid 100 MG
Dosage of Daxid 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Anuj Tiwari
MBBS, DNB Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Daxid Tablets cause weight gain?
Q: Can I increase the dose of the Daxid tablet if it does not relieve my symptoms?
Q: How long does it take for Daxid Tablet to show its action?
- Sertraline: Galactorrhoea: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2022 Feb 14];1474(1):38–38. Available from:
- &na; Sertraline (Zoloft): A new serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Top Pain Manag [Internet]. 1992 [cited 2022 Feb 14];7(12):45. Available from:
- Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 14]. Available from: