Cosklot 250mg Tablet
By OAKNET HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cosklot 250 MG Description
Cosklot Tablet is used to stop or reduce bleeding in diseases that lead to excessive bleeding from the small blood vessels of the body. It is also used to prevent excessive bleeding during menstrual
periods. Cosklot contains Ethamsylate as its active component. This medicine reduces bleeding time and blood loss. Take Cosklot for the correct dose and the exact duration as per your doctor's advice. You can take this medicine with or without food. It is advisable to take it with food, to avoid an upset stomach.
|You Save||₹10.12 (7% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, skin rashes, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Etamsylate(250.0 Mg)
2 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Cosklot 250mg Tablet
- Ethasyl 250mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 123.90₹ 106.5520.68% CHEAPER₹ 10.66/Tablet
- Botrostat 250mg TabletBy Juggat Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 146.50₹ 124.527.37% CHEAPER₹ 12.45/Tablet
Uses of Cosklot 250 MG
Cosklot is used for the treatment of excessive blood loss during menstruation and also to reduce the risk of brain haemorrhage in newly born babies.
Contraindications of Cosklot 250 MG
- If you are allergic to Ethamsylate or any of the other ingredients of Cosklot Tablet.
- If you are suffering from any kind of blood disorder.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Cosklot 250 MG
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Cosklot 250 MG
Can I take the Cosklot Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of Cosklot in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Cosklot Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine during breastfeeding. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Cosklot Tablet?
Cosklot does not affect your ability to drive or use machinery, however, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Cosklot Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction of alcohol along with this medicine. Still, it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a condition of high/low blood pressure.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition like liver or kidney-related problem.
- The newborn child develops a fever after taking this medicine. In such condition, the treatment should be discontinued.
Mode of Action of Cosklot 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Ethamsylate in Cosklot Tablet acts by inducing the coagulation of blood by making the platelets stick together, hence helps in controlling bleeding from blood vessels.
Directions for Use of Cosklot 250 MG
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- It can be taken with or without food. Preferably it should be taken with meals to avoid stomach discomfort.
- Always take it at the same time every day.
Interactions of Cosklot 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Cosklot Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how this medicine works.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
Storage and disposal of Cosklot 250 MG
- Store Cosklot at or below 25°C, in a cool dry place.
- Keep it away from heat and light.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
Dosage of Cosklot 250 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and you experience any adverse effects, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking this medicine?
A: You should tell your doctor if you are pregnant or trying to be a parent. If you are breastfeeding. If you have a history of allergic reactions to any medicine.
Q: How does the Cosklot Tablet work?
A: Blood clotting is a complex process and involves various enzymes in different steps. Ethamsylate helps in arresting bleeding by binding to certain receptors where lysine binds, inhibiting the enzymes that break down these clots. Hence, it helps to stop excessive bleeding.
Q: Can I take Cosklot to avoid getting menses?
A: Cosklot Tablet is effective only in controlling excessive bleeding during menses and is not recommended for controlling or stopping regular menstrual cycles. It is advisable to consult your gynaecologist for controlling menses.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed