By KARLIN PHARMACEUTICALS AND EXPORTS PVT LTD
15g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clonit Cream is a steroidal medicine usually applied to the skin for various skin conditions. It is used to reduce various skin conditions such as red bumpy scaly patches (Psoriasis), severe itching associated with heat or sweating, purple-coloured patches with itching and swelling (Lichen planus). It contains clobestol as its main component. Clonit Cream should not be used for any other skin condition. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. It should not be overused or over applied. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persists or worsen....
|You Save||₹10.44 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Skin conditions such as Psoriasis|
|Side effects||Itching at the site of application, burning sensation, dry Skin, pigmentation issues|
Check more medicines with composition as Clobetasol(0.05 %)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Clonit Cream
Uses of Clonit 0.05 %
For the treatment of skin conditions such as Psoriasis.
Contraindications of Clonit 0.05 %
- If you are allergic to clobetasol or any of the ingredients of Clonit Cream.
- If you have acne.
- If you have itchy skin (Pruritis) without inflammation.
- If you have itching in the genital or anal area.
- If you have rashes and redness around the mouth.
Side effects of Clonit 0.05 %
- Itching at the site of the application
- Burning sensation at the site of application
- Dry Skin
- Pigmentation issues
- Increased acne
Precautions and Warnings of Clonit 0.05 %
Can I use Clonit Cream during pregnancy?
There is no information available on the safe use of Clonit Cream during pregnancy. Topical steroids are associated with foetal abnormalities if absorbed in a significant amount. Therefore, it should only be used if the benefits outweigh the risks and it should be used for the smallest possible duration in a minimum dosage.
Can I use Clonit Cream while breastfeeding?
There is no information available on the safety of Clonit Cream in lactating women. Hence, it should only be considered if the expected benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the infant. Avoid application on areas near the breast to prevent accidental ingestion by a breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have applied Clonit Cream?
It is unlikely to affect your ability to drive. However, if you feel any discomfort that affects your driving ability, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol after using Clonit Cream?
There is no known interaction of this cream with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an infection or allergy while using this Cream, inform your doctor.
- Please make sure to clean the skin before applying this medicine and do not apply near the eyes or eyelids.
- You should not use this cream for more than 5 days, specifically on the face. If there is no improvement in the infection consult your doctor.
- Prolonged use of this cream is associated with a disease called Cushing syndrome characterised by fatty hump between shoulders, round swollen face and purple-coloured stretch marks.
Mode of Action of Clonit 0.05 %
How Does It Work?
Clobestol acts by decreasing the action of chemicals responsible for causing swelling and itching in the body. Thus, it is used for treating skin conditions such as psoriasis, allergies and eczema.
Directions for Use of Clonit 0.05 %
- Use Clonit Cream as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Apply a thin layer of Cream on your skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Avoid contact with eyes and do not ingest the medication.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Clonit 0.05 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Clonit Cream should be applied to the skin locally to the affected area. Hence, it is unlikely to interact with any other medications. However, it is important to avoid using any other skincare product over this cream. It might interfere with the effect of this cream....
- It is also important to inform your doctor about all the medicines that are being used and any underlying medical conditions.
Storage and disposal of Clonit 0.05 %
- Clonit Cream should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight and moist areas.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Clonit 0.05 %
Chances of an overdose are unlikely as it is meant for topical application. However, significant misuse and excess application can lead to symptoms like easy bruising, increased acne or facial hair, thinning of the skin and menstrual problems. If you have applied too much of this cream wipe off the extra cream with the help of cotton or tissue....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Clonit Cream useful for alopecia?
A: No, Clonit Cream is not used to treat alopecia.
Q: Can Clonit Cream be used as an antifungal?
A: It is not antifungal medicine. It is a very potent steroid medicine that reduces skin inflammation.
- Dermovate Cream - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Clobetasol Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Drugs H. Clobetasol Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.