Blumeta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By BLUE CROSS LABORATORIES PRIVATE LIMITED
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Blumeta 50mg Tablet 15'S is the medicine metoprolol. It belongs to the class of medicines called beta-blockers. The tablets are used for treating chest pain and heart-related disorders.
Uses of Blumeta 50mg Tablet 15'S
- Chest pain (angina)
- Heart failure
- High blood pressure
- Lowering of high blood pressure to prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems
- Prevention of migraine
Contraindications of Blumeta 50mg Tablet 15'S
- Severe liver disease
- Allergy to the medicine
- Heart problems like heart blocks
- Untreated heart failure
- Slow heart rate or low blood pressure
Side effects of Blumeta 50mg Tablet 15'S
- Side effects of Blumeta 50mg Tablet 15'S when administered in higher doses include dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue, diarrhoea, stomach pain, constipation, headache and shortness of breath
- Other side effects such as sexual dysfunction and neuropsychological disturbances like unusual dreams, ataxia (loss of full control over body movements), sleeplessness, depression, and vision problem may occurread less
- Serious side effects include worsening of heart failure and excessive slowing of the heart rate
Precautions and Warnings of Blumeta 50mg Tablet 15'S
Can I take Blumeta 50mg Tablet 15'S during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used during pregnancy unless it is prescribed by your doctor; discuss risks and benefits with your doctor.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
This medicine can get excreted into the mother’s milk. Hence, it is not totally safe to take while breastfeeding. Your doctor will prescribe this medicine only if its benefits outweigh the risks. The infant needs close monitoring if prescribed.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
You should be cautious while driving because this medicine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
You should not drink alcohol while on this medication because it can cause increased sleepiness or a drop in blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to this medicine
- You have diabetes; this medicine can lower blood sugar levels and also change the body’s response to low blood sugar; you may not experience warning signs of low blood sugar such as an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs, headache, etc.read less
- You have any heart problems or suffer from muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- You have kidney or liver problems (including cirrhosis of the liver)
- You have asthma or COPD
- You are suffering from a heart conduction disorder (AV block)
- You have a type of chest pain called Prinzmetal’s angina
Mode of Action of Blumeta 50mg Tablet 15'S
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by reducing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels. As a result, the heart does not have to work harder to pump blood.
Directions for Use of Blumeta 50mg Tablet 15'S
Blumeta 50mg Tablet 15'S dosage and duration should be as prescribed by your physician. This medicine needs to be swallowed whole. It should not be chewed, crushed or broken. It should be taken at a fixed time.
Interactions of Blumeta 50mg Tablet 15'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used for the treatment of fits such as phenobarbital
- Medicines used for the treatment of heart problems such as amlodipine
- Medicines used to treat pain and fever such as diclofenac
- Antidepressants such as fluoxetine
- Antipsychotic medicines
- Antiretrovirals such as ritonavir
- Antihistamines such as Diphenhydramine
- Medicines used to treat malaria such as hydroxychloroquine
Interactions with food items
Interactions with apple, grapefruit and orange juice have been observed; hence, the consumption of these fruits while on treatment with this medicine should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Blumeta 50mg Tablet 15'S
Store in a cool, dry place away from excess heat and moisture. Store away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Blumeta 50mg Tablet 15'S
An overdose can lead to fatal consequences. Immediate symptoms of an overdose are lethargy, breathing disorders, wheezing (whistle-like sound from the chest), missing heartbeat, excessive slowing of heartbeats, swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs, shakiness, dizziness, sweating or confusion, blurred vision, headache, pale color, numbness or tingling of the mouth, etc. You should seek emergency medical attention if you observe such symptoms.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your usual dosing schedule. Do not take extra medicine to catch up with a dose you missed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
A: You should not suddenly stop taking a beta-blocker without talking to your doctor. If you stop taking the medicine suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat, or even a heart attack. The doctor will be able to decrease your dose gradually to avoid these effects.
Q: What special precautions should I follow?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc., immediately report these to your doctor. The doctor will adjust the dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in your serum and other such important factors.
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider of before I start taking this medicine ?
A: You should give detailed information regarding your past or present diseases, especially instances of liver disorders, kidney disorders, heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus, and thyroid disorders. You must inform your doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should share information about pregnancy status, use of oral birth control pills and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure if any.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 08:48 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved