Biomus 1mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Biomus 1 MG Description
Biomus Capsule is an immunosuppressant medicine used to prevent organ rejection in patients undergoing a kidney transplant. It is also used to prevent organ rejection in patients receiving a heart an
d liver. It contains tacrolimus as its active ingredient that belongs to the class of medicines called immunosuppressants. It works by reducing the immune response of an individual and prevents immune cells from attacking the transplanted organ. This medicine should be used under the supervision of a specialist doctor who is experienced in treating organ transplant patients. This medicine reduces the activity of your immune system if you have an infection or you are prone to get an infection, tell your doctor.
Uses of Biomus 1 MG
Contraindications of Biomus 1 MG
- If you are allergic to tacrolimus or any ingredients of Biomus Capsule.
- If you are allergic to certain antibiotics which belongs to the class of macrolide antibiotics (e.g. erythromycin, clarithromycin, josamycin).
Side effects of Biomus 1 MG
- Increased blood sugar level
- Lack of sleep
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Ringing sound in ears
- Raised blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Biomus 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver problems or have or had a disease that may have to affect your liver.
- You are experiencing strong abdominal pain sometimes accompanied by other symptoms, such as chills, fever, nausea or vomiting.
- You have had diarrhoea for more than a day.
- You have an upcoming vaccination schedule.
- You should tell your doctor before taking any herbal preparations especially St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum).
- During the initial days of treatment, you may be asked to perform various routine test (heart function, blood, urine, etc) to check the best effective dose for you.
- You should limit your sun exposure while taking this medicine by wearing protective clothing and wearing appropriate sunscreen.
Mode of Action of Biomus 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Biomus 1 MG
- Biomus Capsule should be taken as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take this medicine preferably on an empty stomach or at least 1 hour before or 2 to 3 hours after a meal.
Interactions of Biomus 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Biomus Capsule works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are currently taking, recently taken or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- In particular, if you are taking antibiotics, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-HIV, medicines for stomach ulcers, acid reflux, vomiting, nausea, irregular heart rhythm, high blood pressure any hormonal preparation, medicines acting on the brain, potassium-containing supplements or diuretics....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Biomus 1 MG
- Store this medicine at room temperature, away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach and sight of children and pets.