Bidin T Eye Drops
Bidin T Eye Drops Description
Bidin T eye drops are used to lower the pressure in the eye in patients with open-angle glaucoma and increased eye pressure (ocular hypertension). It contains a combination of brimonidine and timolol
as active ingredients. Bidin T eye drops work by decreasing the production of aqueous humor (fluid-filled in the eye), which helps to lower the eye pressure. This medicine is not recommended for use in children below 2 years of age. Use this medicine exactly as prescribed by the doctor. It is meant for external use only. Do not swallow or ingest. Before using Bidin T eye drops, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
Uses of Bidin T Eye Drops
Contraindications of Bidin T Eye Drops
- If you are allergic to timolol, brimonidine or any other component of Bidin T eye drops.
- If you have a history of bronchial asthma or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- If you have any heart disease or disorder including heart failure.
- If you have any psychiatric disease and are taking medicines such as rasagiline, selegiline, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, amitriptyline, nortriptyline, desipramine and mianserin. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor....
Side effects of Bidin T Eye Drops
- Eyelid itching
- Eyelid swelling
- Lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Bidin T Eye Drops
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You have heart, respiratory, diabetes and hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid) disease or condition.
- You experience loss of vision or dryness of the eye after using this medicine.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You wear contact lenses.
- Bidin T eye drops should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Bidin T Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
- Bidin T eye drops contain a combination of timolol and brimonidine as active substances.
- Brimonidine has the dual action of reducing the aqueous humor fluid (clear, watery liquid inside the eye) production and increasing the outflow of aqueous fluid.
- Timolol acts by decreasing the aqueous humor production, which helps in lowering the pressure within your eye.
Directions for Use of Bidin T Eye Drops
- Use Bidin T eye drops exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully and do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2 - 3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. The dropper must be kept clean to avoid infections.
- Using a clean tissue or cloth, wipe any excess liquid from your face.
- Use the exact number of drops as recommended by your doctor.
- If you have been prescribed any other eye drops or eye ointments, keep an interval of at least 5 minutes between both medicines.
Interactions of Bidin T Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Bidin T eye drops are to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- The effect of Bidin T eye drops may be increased with medicines used to calm the central nervous system such as morphine, zolpidem and lidocaine.
- The effect of this medicine may be increased with medicines such as diltiazem, verapamil, propranolol, atenolol, amiodarone, digitalis and guanethidine used for heart conditions.
- Concomitant use of these eye drops with medicines used to increase heart rate such as adrenaline may cause dilation of the pupil (mydriasis).
- Bidin T eye drops may increase the effect of blood sugar-lowering medicine such as metformin and insulin and may hide the symptoms of lower blood sugar.
- Concomitant use of these eye drops with iodine contrast medium or intravenous lidocaine should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Bidin T Eye Drops
- Store Bidin T eye drops at a temperature not exceeding 15°C - 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Bidin T Eye Drops
- As Bidin T eye drops is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Bidin T eye drops lower the blood pressure?
Q: Will Bidin T eye drops cause blurry vision?
Q: Can I stop taking Bidin T eye drops when I feel better?
Q: How long can I use Bidin T eye drops ?
Q: What is Bidin T used for?
- Combigan Eye drops- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 September 2022]
- Combigan Eye drops- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 September 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 September 2022]