Azyxin 250mg Tab
By CENTAUR PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azyxin Tablet is an antibiotic and is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ears, skin, throat, urinary tract, etc. It contains azithromycin as its active ingredient. This medicin
e should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using Azyxin Tablet inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Azyxin 250mg Tab
Azyxin Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ears, throat, tonsils, airways, lungs and nasal passage, sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia, skin and soft tissue infec
tions, infections of the urinary system and genital parts in females....
Contraindications of Azyxin 250mg Tab
If you are allergic to azithromycin or any other antibiotic from the same class as erythromycin or any ingredient of Azyxin Tablet.
Side effects of Azyxin 250mg Tab
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Azyxin 250mg Tab
Can I take Azyxin 250mg Tab during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Azyxin Tablet, as there is limited safety data available during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Azyxin 250mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Azithromycin is present in breastmilk in low levels, thus please contact your doctor before using Azyxin Tablet while breastfeeding. If prescribed by a doctor, watch out for symptoms like rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azyxin 250mg Tab?
Azyxin Tablet may cause dizziness or fits as side effects, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Azyxin 250mg Tab?
You must avoid consuming alcohol along with Azyxin Tablet as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Azyxin Tablet.
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You suffer from any mental health problems.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Azyxin Tablet.
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
Mode of Action of Azyxin 250mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Azithromycin in Azyxin Tablet works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that cause infection.
Directions for Use of Azyxin 250mg Tab
- Azyxin Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results, and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Azyxin 250mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Azyxin Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Azyxin Tablet.
- Medicines used for migraine, headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that are used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, a medicine used to treat gout, like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin,anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously....Read more
Storage and disposal of Azyxin 250mg Tab
- Store Azyxin Tablet at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, moisture or heat.
- Keep them away from children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Azyxin 250mg Tab
Symptoms of overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Azyxin Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit
the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Azyxin Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a do
uble dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Azyxin Tablet?
A: Azyxin Tablet is used for the serious bacterial infections of eyes, ears, lungs, throat, airways and soft tissues. It is also used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia.
Q: Are there any side effects with Azyxin Tablet?
A: You may experience side effects like nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, upset stomach, etc while using Azyxin Tablet.
Q: Can I take Azyxin Tablet for throat infection or cough?
A: A throat infection can be either due to a bacterial or a viral infection. Do not take Azyxin Tablet without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Azyxin Tablet if I start feeling better, and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking Azyxin Tablet before completing the treatment, as it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Inform your doctor if you want to stop the treatment.
Q: Can I take Azyxin Tablet for fever?
A: Azyxin Tablet is an antibiotic and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to a bacterial infection known as salmonella.
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Patient information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Azithromycin - Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Azithromycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
Last Updated on: 14 May 2021 | 11:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved