Augpen Lb Bid 1gm Strip Of 6 Tablets
Augpen Lb Bid 1gm Strip Of 6 Tablets Description
Augpen LB tablet is a combination of two antibiotics namely Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid along with natural intestine bacteria namely Lactobacillus Acidophilus. This medicine can be used by adults
and children for the treatment of various bacterial infections like ear infections, sinus infection, bone infection, joint infection, skin infection, dental infection, airways and urinary infection. If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any of the penicillin group of medicines, a history of liver diseases due to the use of any antibiotic medicines, small intestine diseases and low immunity due to any disease then do not use this medicine without consulting your doctor. This medicine can cause common side effects like loose motions, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, bloating and fungal infection of the mucosa. It can also cause other uncommon side effects like dizziness, headache, constipation, elevation in liver-related factors in the body, difficulty in breathing, skin rash, unpleasant sensation to scratch skin and swollen red bumps on the skin. Always consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your child before taking this medicine.
|You Save||₹66.62 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Lactobacillus Sporogenes(60.0 M) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(875.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, vomiting, skin rash|
Uses of Augpen Lb Bid 1gm Strip Of 6 Tablets
Contraindications of Augpen Lb Bid 1gm Strip Of 6 Tablets
- If you are allergic to any of the components of the Augpen LB tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any of the penicillin group of medicines.
- If you have a history of liver diseases due to the use of any antibiotic medicines.
- If you have issues related to the small intestine.
- If you have low immunity due to any disease.
Side effects of Augpen Lb Bid 1gm Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Loose motions
- Gas formation
- Elevation in liver-related factors in the body
- Difficulty in breathing
- Skin rash
- Unpleasant sensation to scratch the skin
- Swollen red bumps on the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Augpen Lb Bid 1gm Strip Of 6 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to antibiotics similar to penicillin.
- You experience fits.
- You notice a rash on the skin.
- You get other infections.
- You have severe kidney-related issues.
- You have a condition called crystalluria.
Mode of Action of Augpen Lb Bid 1gm Strip Of 6 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Augpen LB tablet contains three different agents.
- Two agents are antibiotics namely Amoxicillin which belongs to the Penicillin group of medicine and the other antibiotic is Clavulanic acid which prevents the inactivation of Amoxicillin. Amoxicillin inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis, leading to breakdown and death of bacteria. ...
- The third ingredient of this medicine is Lactobacillus Acidophilus which is a natural bacteria present in the intestine, is combined with these two antibiotics for the prevention of loose motions which can occur as a side effect of these antibiotics....
Directions for Use of Augpen Lb Bid 1gm Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Augpen LB tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with or after food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Augpen Lb Bid 1gm Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Augpen LB tablet and medicines used for joint pain such as Mycophenolate mofetil should be avoided as this medicine can alter the effect of Mycophenolate mofetil.
- The use of medicines used to prevent blood clot formation such as warfarin with this medicine can result in the risk of bleeding.
- Medicines used for the treatment of cancer like Methotrexate and medicine used to prevent rejection of an organ transplant when used together with this medicine can increase the risk of toxicity.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments for any other disorders....
Storage and disposal of Augpen Lb Bid 1gm Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Keep Augpen LB tablet out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not store it above 25°C.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
- Do not take this medicine if you see any changes or any signs of deterioration.