Allclox Capsules Description
Allclox Capsule is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat various bacterial infections of the lungs, throat, airways, skin, soft tissues, bone, ear, nose, wounds after surgery due to various org
anisms. It contains ampicillin and cloxacillin as its active ingredients. It belongs to the 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. It acts by inhibiting the growth, killing the infection-causing bacteria. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the exact prescribed duration. Do not stop taking the medicine, even if you feel better as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure and the infection might reoccur. Before using the Allclox Capsules, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and your detailed medical history.
Uses of Allclox Capsules
- Allclox is used to treat bacterial infections of lungs, throat, airways, skin & soft tissue, bone, ear, nose, blood and other bacterial infections.
- It is also used to treat infection of wounds and lungs after surgery.
Contraindications of Allclox Capsules
- If you are allergic to ampicillin, cloxacillin or any of the ingredient of Allclox Capsule.
- If you are allergic to similar antibiotics like Cefixime, Cefpodoxime, Amoxicillin.
- Allclox Capsule should never be used for eye infections and eye contact should be avoided.
Side effects of Allclox Capsules
- Skin rashes
- Urge to scratch
Precautions and Warnings of Allclox Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergy to Penicillins.
- You experience serious allergic reactions and skin rashes after taking this medicine.
- You are having watery diarrhoea or severe stomach pain, immediately stop this medicine and consult your doctor.
- You develop other infections while taking this medicine.
- You have existing kidney problems.
- You should not give this medicine to newborn babies suffering from jaundice.
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better.
Mode of Action of Allclox Capsules
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Allclox Capsules
Interactions of Allclox Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Allclox Capsule may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Allclox Capsule works, if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular if you are taking medicines for gout, antibiotics like chloramphenicol, azithromycin, painkillers etc.
- This medicine hampers how oral contraceptive medication works. Thus, it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms.
Storage and disposal of Allclox Capsules
- Store in a dry place at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.