Zylo P 5% Oint 15gm
Zylo P 5 %W/W Description
Zylo P Ointment is a topical antiseptic that is used to treat & prevent infections in minor wounds or cuts. It provides infection protection against a variety of germs that can cause infection in min
or cuts, wounds, scrapes and burns. It contains povidone-iodine as its active ingredient. A person with a known allergy to povidone-iodine should not use this medicine. Zylo P Ointment is meant for external use and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
Uses of Zylo P 5 %W/W
Contraindications of Zylo P 5 %W/W
- If you are allergic to Povidone Iodine or any other ingredient of Zylo P Ointment
- If you have a thyroid problem such as goiter or Hashimoto's disease (a thyroid disease).
- If you are taking a medicine containing Lithium, used for the treatment of a brain-related disorder.
Side effects of Zylo P 5 %W/W
Precautions and Warnings of Zylo P 5 %W/W
- Lactating mothers should avoid the use of Zylo P Ointment as it can increase the levels of iodine in breastmilk and cause thyroid-related disorder in a breastfed infant.
- Although it is minimally absorbed through intact adult skin, lactating mothers' exposure should be minimized by using it for a short duration in the smallest possible area and in a lower concentration....
Other General Warnings
- You experience allergies or skin reactions after using this Ointment, discontinue the treatment and talk yo your doctor.
- Your skin is burnt or cracked because there are chances of absorption of iodine in toxic doses in your blood.
- You are going for any routine lab test for thyroid, as this medicine may affect the results.
- Do not use in eyes or areas near eyes or any sensitive area of your skin.
- This Ointment should not be used for the prolonged duration on larger skin areas.
- Zylo P Ointment should not be used for children below two years of age.
- It should not be used on eyes and for a prolonged duration.
Mode of Action of Zylo P 5 %W/W
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zylo P 5 %W/W
- Use Zylo P Ointment as directed by your doctor.
- Gently clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Ointment.
- Apply a small amount of this medicine to the affected area.
- Let dry and cover with a sterile bandage if required.
Interactions of Zylo P 5 %W/W
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Zylo P 5 %W/W
- Store Zylo P Ointment at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zylo P 5 %W/W
- Since Zylo P Ointment is meant only for external applications, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately. If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess Ointment with a clean tissue or cotton....
- Excessive use of it for a prolonged duration is not advised. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound, contact your doctor.