Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tablets
Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tablets Description
Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its active ingredient. It is used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middl
e ear and cervical/urethral infections. It is also used to treat typhoid fever. It works by interfering with the synthesis of the cell wall of bacteria, this leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection. Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not miss any doses or stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections.
- Ziprax Dt 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.42₹ 93.01₹ 9.30/Tablet
- Omnix Dt 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 97.66₹ 83.01₹ 8.30/Tablet
- Hifen Dt 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 112.25₹ 112.25₹ 11.23/Tablet
- Extacef Dt 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 80.75₹ 8.08/Tablet
- Gramocef O Dt 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.42₹ 93.01₹ 9.30/Tablet
- Ritecef O 200mg Dt Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.74₹ 95.89₹ 9.59/Tablet
Uses of Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tablets
- Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections), throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis) and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)....
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab .
- If you are allergic to any similar antibiotics, including Penicillin.
Side effects of Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab .
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab .
Mode of Action of Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tablets
- Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures) and blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab may alter the clotting parameters and there is a risk of unusual bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tablets
- Store Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab below 25°C, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab for fever and cold?
Q: Can I stop taking Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab if I feel better?
Q: Can I take Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab if I have flu?
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Zoxigard Dt 200mg Tab ?
- DailyMed - Cefixime Capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]