Zotral 25mg Tablets
Zotral 25 MG Description
Zotral 25 mg Tablet comes under the therapeutic classification of antidepressants. The active component of Zotral 25 mg Tablet is composed of sertraline. Zotral 25 mg Tablet is most commonly used for
the treatment of major depressive disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD) and panic disorders. Depression is a medical condition characterised by feelings of sadness and anger that can affect one's daily activities. Obsessive-compulsive disorder is characterised by unwanted thoughts and ideas that lead to compulsive behaviour. Zotral 25 mg Tablet is a prescription medicine, and it is to be taken exactly as suggested by the physician. If you experience any side effects, worsening of condition or allergic side effects, consult the doctor immediately. The medicine should be continued for as long as your doctor recommends. It is essential to complete the prescribed course of treatment. The medicine should not be given to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms or condition. The medicine should not be stopped suddenly without consulting the doctor as it can cause withdrawal effects like depression or worsening of symptoms. The doctor may taper the dosage gradually based on the patient’s medical condition before stopping it completely.
|You Save||₹2.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Major depressive disorders, Obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD), Panic disorders|
|Side effects||Insomnia, Dizziness, Headache, Somnolence (state of being drowsy), Nausea, Dry mouth, Diarrhoea, Ejaculation failure, Fatigue|
Uses of Zotral 25 MG
- Zotral 25 mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of major depressive disorders
- Treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD)
- Treatment of panic disorders
Contraindications of Zotral 25 MG
- Somnolence (state of being drowsy)
- Dry mouth
- Ejaculation failure
Side effects of Zotral 25 MG
- Take the Zotral 25 mg Tablet exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Zotral 25 mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Swallow Zotral 25 mg Tablet as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break, chew, or crush it.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, take Zotral 25 mg Tablets at the same time every day for the prescribed duration.
- Do not discontinue or alter the dosage of Zotral 25 mg Tablets without consulting the doctor.
- Do not use it post the date of expiry stated on the label.
Precautions and Warnings of Zotral 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- You conceive during the course of Zotral 25 mg tablets or are planning a pregnancy.
- Your symptoms do not get resolved, or your condition worsens.
- You have long term cardiac, liver, and kidney disease.
- You have an addiction to alcohol or medicines.
- You have a history of depression or anxiety.
Mode of Action of Zotral 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Zotral 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Zotral 25 mg Tablet can cause adverse reactions when taken with the following medicines:
- Interaction with monoamine oxidase inhibitors, like moclobemide and selegiline, can increase the risk of severe symptoms such as tremors, muscle jerks, excessive sweating, nausea, vomiting, flushing, dizziness, and increased body temperature....
- Interaction with serotonergic agents like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, amphetamines, and lithium can cause serotonin syndrome.
- Interaction with pimozide can increase the levels of pimozide and also increase the risk of QT prolongation.
- Interaction with medicines that can interfere with homeostasis, like NSAIDs, aspirin and warfarin, can increase the risk of bleeding.
- To avoid undesirable side effects associated with medication interaction, inform your doctor about all medicines and supplements you are currently taking.
Interactions with food items
- There are no known adverse interactions of food with Zotral 25 mg Tablets. Unless your physician suggests otherwise, there is no need to avoid any particular type of food or drink when taking the Zotral 25 mg Tablet....
Storage and disposal of Zotral 25 MG
Dosage of Zotral 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are Zotral 25 mg Tablets addictive?
Q: Are Zotral 25 mg Tablets safe for children?
Q: For how long should you take Zotral 25 mg Tablets?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- Sertraline 25 mg Film-coated Tablets [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- User. Apo-sertraline capsules [Internet]. Gov.my. [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- Government of Canada, Health Canada, Public Affairs, Consultation, Regions Branch. Drug product database online query. 2012 [cited 2022 Mar 14];