Budamate 200mcg Transhaler 120md
120md Metered Dose Inhaler in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Budamate 200 Transhaler is used for the treatment and maintenance of respiratory conditions such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) respectively. Budamate 200 Transhaler contai
ns a combination of formoterol and budesonide as its active ingredient. Formoterol is a long-acting bronchodilator, while budesonide is an inhaled steroid medicine, that acts by relaxing the airways muscle and reducing inflammation, thus ease breathing. This medicine is used when asthma cannot be adequately controlled by other short-acting medicine and inhaled steroids. You should not increase the dose or stop the treatment on your own even if you feel better, as it can reduce the effectiveness or side effect of the treatment. Inform your doctor if you are already taking any other medicines for any other condition. Rinse your mouth after 15 mins of using this inhaler, to maintain oral hygiene....
Uses of Budamate 200mcg Transhaler 120md
Budamate 200 Transhaler is used for the treatment of asthma when the condition is not adequately controlled by other medicines. It is also used as a maintenance medicine in patients with chronic obstr
uctive pulmonary disease (COPD)....
Contraindications of Budamate 200mcg Transhaler 120md
- If you are allergic to budesonide, formoterol, or any components of Budamate 200 Transhaler.
- If you are suffering from acute breathlessness as seen in a severe attack of asthma or COPD or cases of a collapsed airway.
Side effects of Budamate 200mcg Transhaler 120md
- Stomach discomfort
- Body pain
- Sore throat
- Hoarseness of voice
Precautions and Warnings of Budamate 200mcg Transhaler 120md
Can I use Budamate 200 Transhaler during pregnancy?
- There is limited information about the effects of the Budamate 200 Transhaler on human pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine after assessing the need and if the benefits to the mother overweigh the risk to the foetus. Your doctor may prescribe you the lowest effective dose of the medicine to control asthma....Read more
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I use Budamate 200 Transhaler while breastfeeding?
Component of the Budamate 200 Transhaler passes into the breastmilk. This medicine should only be used if prescribed by the doctor after assessing the need and if benefits to the mother are greater than the risk to the child. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have used Budamate 200 Transhaler?
Budamate 200 Transhaler may make you dizzy, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Budamate 200 Transhaler?
It is recommended to avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine, as it may worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver problems.
- You have diabetes or a lung infection.
- You have problems with your heart like high blood pressure, heart failure, etc.
- Your asthma condition is suddenly worsening.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a low blood potassium level.
- You feel that the treatment is ineffective.
- You are on any medicines that suppress immunity; there is an increased chance of developing infections. Necessary vaccinations and care should be taken to avoid this.
- Orally inhaled steroidal medicines may cause growth retardation in children. Hence, growth monitoring is recommended.
- Keep taking this medicine as prescribed, even if your symptoms go away. Your doctor will reduce your dose when required.
- Abruptly stopping the medicine can be dangerous and should be strictly avoided.
Mode of Action of Budamate 200mcg Transhaler 120md
How Does It Work?
- Budesonide is a corticosteroid medicine, which on inhalation reduces inflammation in the airways in a dose-dependent manner, thus reduces the chances of worsening asthma.
- Formoterol acts on the muscles in the airway tract. In the presence of inflammation (like in asthma), these muscles lead to constriction of the airway and causing breathlessness.
- Formoterol relaxes these muscles, facilitating the opening of the airway and thus relieving breathlessness.
Directions for Use of Budamate 200mcg Transhaler 120md
- Learn the proper technique of using this inhaler from your doctor, if possible use it in front of them for the first time so that they may check.
- The medicine is packed in the inhaler and you need to puff it through your mouth deep into your airways.
- There is a counter which subtracts 1 after each puff so that you may keep a track of your remaining dose. Never use your inhaler once the counter shows 000, it's time to dispose of and start with a new inhaler....Read more
Interactions of Budamate 200mcg Transhaler 120md
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Budamate 200 Transhaler along with medicines such as Ketoconazole (anti-fungal medicine), Ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and Clarithromycin (antibiotic) should be avoided as it may alter the effects of this medicine....Read more
- Effects of this medicine can be weakened by some medicines used to control blood pressure or treat heart-related illnesses like Propranolol, Atenolol and others belonging to the same class.
- Concomitant treatment with Quinidine, Disopyramide, Procainamide, Phenothiazines, Antihistamines (like Terfenadine), medicines used in psychiatric illness like Isocarboxazid, Doxepin can lead to increased chances of developing disorders related to the heart rhythm....Read more
- You may be at an increased risk of experiencing cardiac side effects when taking L-Dopa (used in Parkinson’s diseases), L-thyroxine (thyroid hormone) along with this medicine.
- Medicines like Procarbazine (anti-cancer) can lead to a rise in blood pressure if used simultaneously with this medicine. It is important to inform your anaesthetist about your asthma medications to avoiding interactions of this medicine with some anaesthetic agents (like Diazepam, Amobarbital)....Read more
- Low potassium levels caused due to this medicine may lead to increased chances of heart disorders if you are taking Digitalis (used for heart failure). Also, water-pills except the potassium-sparing ones lead to lowering of potassium in body and caution is advised if you are taking these along with this medicine....Read more
Storage and disposal of Budamate 200mcg Transhaler 120md
Store below 30°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or t
hrow it into the drain....
Dosage of Budamate 200mcg Transhaler 120md
The symptoms of overdose are headache, nausea, vomiting, palpitations, increased heartbeats, increased blood glucose, low potassium levels, and change in the heart's rhythm. Consult your doctor if you
experience any symptoms or think may have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a doub
le dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Budamate 200 Transhaler contain steroids?
A: Budamate 200 Transhaler contains two medicines - Formoterol and Budesonide of which, Budesonide is a steroid.
Q: Is it safe during pregnancy?
A: There is limited information about the safety of Budamate 200 Transhaler during pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and the advantage over-weighs the risk. You should always consult a doctor before taking any medication during pregnancy.
Q: Is Budamate 200 Transhaler a reliever or controller?
A: It can be used both as a controller as well as a reliever medication.
Q: Can I smoke if I have been prescribed the Budamate 200 Transhaler?
A: No, you should not smoke while taking any medicine for a respiratory condition. Smoking irritates the lungs, leading to harmful effects. In the case of asthma, the patients might experience serious difficulty in breathing. Consult your doctor if it is hard for you to avoid smoking.
- FORACORT Rotacaps [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 08:42 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
KBC Ghar Baithe Jeeto Jackpot! Win Rs.1,00,000.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved