Zocon 200mg Tablet
By FDC LIMITED
2 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zocon 200mg Tab is an antifungal drug that is effective against various fungi and yeast.
Uses of Zocon 200mg Tab
Zocon 200mg Tab uses are: Treatment of fungal infections (both cutaneous and systemic infections), preventing fungal infections in preterm babies, organ transplant recipients and in conditions such as AIDS, where patients have a weak immune system.
Contraindications of Zocon 200mg Tab
- If you are allergic to Zocon 200mg Tab or any other medicines of its class
- If you have liver problems or jaundice
- If you have a heart disease (irregular heartbeat)
Side effects of Zocon 200mg Tab
- Muscle pain
- Increased liver enzymes
- Liver damage
- Loss of appetite
- Yellowing of your skin
- Other serious Zocon 200mg Tab side effects include rhythm defects in heart and seizures
Precautions and Warnings of Zocon 200mg Tab
Can I take Zocon 200mg Tab during pregnancy?
Zocon 200mg Tab is unsafe during pregnancy. You should not take Zocon 200mg Tab if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. During pregnancy, Zocon 200mg Tab may increase the risk of miscarriage while large doses may cause severe birth defects.
Can I take Zocon 200mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Zocon 200mg Tab is not recommended in breastfeeding women unless necessary. All the risks and benefits should be discussed with the doctor before taking Zocon 200mg Tab. If you use Zocon 200mg Tab, you are advised to closely monitor the baby for any adverse effects.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zocon 200mg Tab?
Caution is advised as Zocon 200mg Tab may cause dizziness or fits. If you experience these symptoms, you should not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Zocon 200mg Tab?
Interaction with alcohol is unknown, so it is advisable to consult your doctor before consuming Zocon 200mg Tab.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You should talk to your doctor before taking Zocon 200mg Tab
- ? if you have a liver or kidney disease
- ? if you have a heart disorder such as an irregular rhythm
- ? if you have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood
Mode of Action of Zocon 200mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Zocon 200mg Tab blocks the formation of cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme; thus, the fungi stops multiplying or dies because of the non-formation of the complete cell membrane. Zocon 200mg Tab is not effective against virus or bacteria.
Directions for Use of Zocon 200mg Tab
You should take Zocon 200mg Tab as per the dosage and duration prescribed by your doctor. You should swallow Zocon 200mg Tab as a whole. You should not chew, crush or break Zocon 200mg Tab. Zocon 200mg Tab may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Interactions of Zocon 200mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Serious interactions with terfenadine, voriconazole, clarithromycin, erythromycin, ranolazine, lomitapide, donepezil, pimozide and quinidine. You should never take Zocon 200mg Tab with these medicines because they can cause a life-threatening heart rhythm condition (torsades de pointes).read less
- Avoid cisapride when taking Zocon 200mg Tab as it can have additive effects, and cisapride can also cause irregular heartbeats.
- Effect of contraceptive pills might be reduced. The addition of the barrier form of contraception is required.
Interactions with food items
It is advisable to take Zocon 200mg Tab along with food because it increases heart burn if taken on empty stomach.
Other general Interactions
- Liver Disease- Zocon 200mg Tab should be carefully administered to patients with impaired hepatic function and suitable dosage adjustments and safety monitoring are necessary in such cases.
- QT Prolongation- Zocon 200mg Tab dosage should be very carefully administered in patients with pre-existing heart conditions and suitable dose adjustments and safety monitoring are recommended in such cases.read less
- Kidney disease- Zocon 200mg Tab should be carefully administered in patients with impaired kidney function and suitable dosage adjustments and safety monitoring are necessary in such cases.
Storage and disposal of Zocon 200mg Tab
Store Zocon 200mg Tab room temperature and keep it away from light and moisture. You should not store Zocon 200mg Tab in the bathroom and keep it away from children and pets. You should not flush Zocon 200mg Tab down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. You should properly discard Zocon 200mg Tab when it is expired or no longer needed after consulting your pharmacist or local waste disposal company.
Dosage of Zocon 200mg Tab
Symptoms may include irregular heartbeat, fits, headache, stomach pain, nausea and vomiting. You should immediately contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Zocon 200mg Tab, you should take it as soon as remember it. If it is almost time for your next dose, you should skip the missed dose and resume your regular dosage schedule. You should not take two doses at once.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking this drug?
A: You should inform your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods. Any other medical problems as well as other drugs consumed by you (if any) should be discussed with your doctor.
Q: What should I know regarding storage of medication?
A: Store Zocon 200mg Tab at room temperature and keep Zocon 200mg Tab away from excess heat and moisture.
Q: Can I take Zocon 200mg Tab with omeprazole?
A: Zocon 200mg Tab can increase the level or effect of omeprazole by decreasing its breakdown (metabolism). Please consult your doctor before taking both of them together.
Q: Is Zocon 200mg Tab an antibiotic or a steroid? What is it used for?
A: Zocon 200mg Tab is neither an antibiotic nor a steroid. It is an antifungal medicine that is used to treat fungal infections, including yeast infections of vagina, mouth, throat, oesophagus (food pipe), abdomen, lungs, blood, other organs and cryptococcal meningitis (infection of the membranes covering the brain and spine). Zocon 200mg Tab is used to prevent candidal infections in patients who are likely to become infected because they are being treated with chemotherapy or radiation therapy before a bone marrow transplant.
Q: Can I stop taking Zocon 200mg Tab if my symptoms resolve and I start feeling better?
A: No, you should not stop taking the medicines even if you start feeling better. You should continue taking Zocon 200mg Tab as long as your doctor has advised you to take Zocon 200mg Tab. If you do not complete the treatment, your infection may come back.
Q: Does Zocon 200mg Tab cause liver damage?
A: If you already have liver problems or a serious medical problem, you need to be very careful while taking Zocon 200mg Tab because serious liver damage may occur. You should call your doctor if your skin or eyes become yellow, your urine turns darker, your stools become light-coloured, have severe skin itching or if you vomit or feel like vomiting.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Patient leaflet.
- Food and Drug Administration. Drug Safety Communication:Use of long-term, high-dose Diflucan (fluconazole) during pregnancy may be associated with birth defects in infants.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Fluconazole use during breastfeeding.
- National Institutes of Health. US National library of medicine.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed).
Other Products from this Brand
- Zocon 1 Dusting Powder 100 Gm
- Zocon 150 Mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
- Zocon Soap 100 Gm
- Zocon 150 Mg Strip Of 2 Tablets
- Zocon 400 Mg Tablet
- Zocon 150 Mg Tab
- Zocon 2 W W Dusting Powder 75 Gm
- Zocon 1 Dusting Powder 75 Gm
- Zocon 1 Dusting Powder 50 Gm
- Zocon 0 3 Eye Drops 5 Ml
- Zocon Inf
- Zocon Lotion 60 Ml
- Zocon Lotion 30 Ml
- Zocon Lotion Sachet 5 Ml
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 08:51 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Upto Rs.600 cashback on Paytm wallet + Flat 25% off on your first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved