Tugain 5% Foam 60gm
By CIPLA LIMITED
60g Foam in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tugain Foam 5 % Description
Tugain Foam Foam is used in the treatment of hair loss. It contains minoxidil as its active medicine. It dilates the blood vessels and stimulates hair growth on the scalp. Using more than the advised
amount is not going to increase hair growth. It may take a few months before you see results. Avoid contact with eyes, nose, mouth. In case it gets into any of these, immediately wash with water. Do not use it during pregnancy and breastfeeding. If you have heart diseases or high blood pressure, consult with your doctor before using the same.
|You Save||₹164.48 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, growth of unwanted facial hair or body hair, itching|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ALOPECIA|
Check more medicines with composition as Minoxidil(5.0 %)
Uses of Tugain Foam 5 %
Tugain Foam Foam is used for the treatment of hair loss.
Contraindications of Tugain Foam 5 %
- If you are allergic to minoxidil or other components of Tugain Foam Foam.
- If you have a shaved scalp.
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding.
- If you are using any other topical medicines or occlusive dressings on your scalp
- If you have a high blood pressure problem.
- If you have any scalp abnormality like scalp psoriasis.
- If your age is more than 65 years or less than 18 years.
Side effects of Tugain Foam 5 %
- Growth of unwanted facial hair or body hair
Precautions and Warnings of Tugain Foam 5 %
Can I apply Tugain Foam Foam during pregnancy?
There is a lack of sufficient data suggesting the safety of Tugain Foam Foam during pregnancy. Therefore, it should not be used by pregnant women.
Can I apply Tugain Foam Foam while breastfeeding?
Tugain Foam Foam, when used for a prolonged duration on a larger area, can be absorbed and secreted in breast milk. Hence, it is better to avoid this Foam while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Tugain Foam Foam?
It may cause dizziness; therefore, if you feel dizzy after applying Tugain Foam Foam, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Tugain Foam Foam?
There is no known interaction of Tugain Foam Foam with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop chest pain, rapid heartbeat, dizziness or rash. Seek medical help immediately.
- Tugain Foam Foam is recommended only for male pattern baldness. Do not use it if you have sudden and patchy hair loss and hair loss due to childbirth.
- Patients with known heart disease or high blood pressure should take their doctor's opinion before using this Foam.
- It should not be used on any body parts other than the scalp.
- You observe no hair growth even after using for four months, then seek your doctor's advice.
Mode of Action of Tugain Foam 5 %
How Does It Work?
Minoxidil dilates the blood vessels on the scalp. It increases the blood circulation to hair follicles and promotes their growth.
Directions for Use of Tugain Foam 5 %
- Apply Tugain Foam Foam when your scalp and hair are completely dry.
- Apply the amount advised to the area of the scalp being treated, beginning with the centre of the area using the applicator provided.
- Do not shampoo your hair for 4 hours after applying this Foam.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying this Foam.
- This Foam is for use on the scalp only. This medicine should be kept away from the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash the area thoroughly with cold water, if the medicine gets into our eyes.
- Do not use a hairdryer after applying this medicine.
- Applying more than advised or more often is not going to be more effective.
Interactions of Tugain Foam 5 %
Interactions with other medicines
Do not use corticosteroids, tretinoin or dithranol along with Tugain Foam Foam, as it can lead to a fall in blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Tugain Foam 5 %
- Store Tugain Foam Foam below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Tugain Foam 5 %
- Tugain Foam Foam is only for external use and should not be swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion or application over larger areas for a prolonged time, consult a doctor immediately if you experience any symptoms....
- Signs and symptoms of overdose would be swelling of face, hands, and feet, increased heart rate, low blood pressure, dizziness and weakness.
Missed a Dose
If you miss applying Tugain Foam Foam, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply to compensate for the missed application.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use a hairdryer after applying Tugain Foam Foam?
A: Do not use a hairdryer to dry the scalp after you apply Tugain Foam Foam. Using a hairdryer on the scalp may decrease the effectiveness of treatment.
Q: Which shampoo should be used while using Tugain Foam Foam?
A: Follow a normal hair care routine. However, the use of mild and gentle shampoo is the best for hair.
Q: Can I get my hair wet after applying Tugain Foam Foam?
A: Allow Tugain Foam Foam to completely dry for 4 hours after applying it. After four hours you can wash your hair.
Q: Can I comb my hair after applying Tugain Foam Foam?
A: Allow around 30 minutes for Tugain Foam Foam to absorb sufficiently into your scalp before you brush your hair. This will ensure the hairbrush removes no product.
Q: Can I apply hair oil after applying Tugain Foam Foam?
A: Apply Tugain Foam Foam and let it absorb for 2-4 hours or more after which you can apply hair oil.
Q: How long can I use Tugain Foam Foam?
A: You can use Tugain Foam Foam for as long as a doctor has told you. Do not use it continuously. Applying more than advised or more often is not going to be more effective. Please follow your doctor's instructions and apply it in the exact dose and frequency advised by your doctor.
Q: What are the side effects of Tugain Foam Foam?
A: Headache, growth of unwanted facial hair or body hair, itching are a few common side effects of Tugain Foam Foam. Although not everyone gets them. Side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed