Srt 25mg Tablets
By SHINE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
S R T 25 MG Description
SRT 25mg Tab is a medication used for treating various mental conditions like Major depressive disorders, obsessive compulsive disorders (OCD) and panic disorders (sudden or unexpected attacks of extreme fear and worry). It is an antidepressant. Depression is a state of mind issue that causes persistent feelings of sadness, loneliness, anger, etc. In obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) patients experience repeated unwanted thoughts or sensations (obsessions) or the urge to do something over and over again (compulsions). SRT Tab contains sertraline as its active ingredient. Sertraline increases the amount of serotonin in the brain. It calms excitable nerves in the brain and improves mood and memory. There are also many side effects associated with this medicine, so the dosage must be carefully monitored. Do not change the dosage or stop using SRT Tab abruptly without consulting your doctor. It may lead to unwanted withdrawal symptoms, such as restlessness, palpitations, sleep disturbances, anxiety, etc....
|You Save||₹7.67 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Uses||Major depressive disorder, Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Panic disorder.|
|Side effects||Headaches, Difficulty in sleeping, Felling sleepy, Diarrhoea, Dry mouth, Dizziness, Increased sweating, Decreased sexual drive.|
Check more medicines with composition as Sertraline(25.0 Mg)
Uses of S R T 25 MG
- It is used for the treatment of major depressive disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), and panic disorder.
Contraindications of S R T 25 MG
- If you are allergic to any component of the SRT Tab.
- If you are already using different antidepressants.
- If you have a history of alcohol or medicine addictions.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
- If you have kidney-related conditions.
- If you have liver-related diseases.
Side effects of S R T 25 MG
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Feeling sleepy
- Dry mouth
- Increased sweating
- Decreased sexual drive
Precautions and Warnings of S R T 25 MG
Can I take SRT Tab during pregnancy?
SRT Tab can be unsafe for pregnant women. Studies have shown harmful effects of the medicines on the developing baby. Pregnant women should take the tablet only if recommended by their physician. The doctor will weigh the benefits and potential risks before prescribing the medicine.
Can I take SRT Tab while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding mothers should consult a doctor before taking this medicine. Studies showed undetectable amounts of it in breastmilk, so it is unlikely to cause severe damage in babies. Still, it is essential to proceed with caution and only use it if the benefits outweigh the risk.
Can I drive if I have taken SRT Tab?
SRT Tab may cause side effects that could affect your ability to drive. The tablet may decrease alertness, affect your vision and make you feel dizzy, lightheaded. Do not drive if you are experiencing side effects after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the SRT Tab?
No, do not consume alcohol with SRT Tab. It increases the severity of side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, lethargy, liver injury, etc. It also worsens the symptoms for which you are using this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any allergic reactions.
- You experience any severe side effects.
- You have any previous mild liver or kidney condition, this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- You are using any medications that cause sedation.
- You have any suicidal or self-harming thoughts, talk to your doctor.
- You are using any herbal medicines or supplements, they can interfere with this medicine.
Mode of Action of S R T 25 MG
How Does It Work?
SRT 25mg Tab contains sertraline, an antidepressant. It works by increasing the release of the serotonin and balancing its levels in the brain. Serotonin is a chemical messenger responsible for improving mood, memory, and cognitive abilities. Sertraline also has minimal effects on other neurotransmitters(chemical messengers) such as dopamine and nor-adrenaline. This mechanism of action of sertraline makes it highly efficacious in the treatment of various psychiatric disorders....
Directions for Use of S R T 25 MG
- Take SRT Tab exactly as prescribed by the doctor
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Take it at the same time regularly.
- Take this tablet as a whole, with glass or water. Do not crush, chew or break it into pieces.
- You can take the SRT Tab before or after consuming food or as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop using it abruptly, as it may lead to withdrawal symptoms.
Interactions of S R T 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal products, vitamins and nutritional supplements, you are consuming or plan to take as there is a chance of drug interaction. Many medicines can interact with SRT Tab, making it less effective or increasing side effects. This includes,...
- Antipsychotics - Increase the risk of QTc prolongation(heart muscles taking more time than normal to recharge) and ventricular arrhythmias(abnormal heart rhythms).
- Antidepressants- May cause serotonin syndrome, which is potentially life-threatening.
- Anti-seizure medicines- Sertraline may increase phenytoin concentrations.
- Antiplatelet agents(aspirin, heparin, warfarin)- Increases the risk of bleeding.
Interactions with food items
- You can continue with the usual diet as food doesn’t influence the effect of the SRT Tab. Avoid consuming this medicine with cola drinks, chocolates and caffeine-containing food items as it can result in serotonin syndrome(high levels of serotonin). Talk to your doctor about any supplements or herbal drinks you are currently taking before using SRT Tab....
Storage and disposal of S R T 25 MG
Store SRT Tab at room temperature in a cool and dry area, away from sunlight. Keep the medication away from animals and children in a locked cabinet. Do not remove the medicine from its packet and store it within its original packaging. DISPOSAL- Do not flush medications down the toilet or throw them into the dustbin unless instructed to do so. Medication disposed of in this manner may pollute the environment. Properly dispose of this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company....
Dosage of S R T 25 MG
- SRT Tab overdose can cause serotonin syndrome (symptoms include agitation, hallucinations, fast heart rate, dizziness, muscle tremor, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea. If you overdose on this medicine and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of the SRT Tab, take it as soon as possible. If you remember missing a dose when it's already time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose and take the next one. Talk to your doctor if you have any confusion about it. Do not take both doses together as it can cause an overdose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I need to take SRT Tab?
A: You should continue taking the SRT Tab as long as your doctor recommends it. Do not stop taking it suddenly without informing your doctor, as it can cause withdrawal symptoms. This medicine should be slowly tapered to prevent side effects.
Q: Does SRT Tab may cause weight gain/loss?
A: SRT Tab may lead to weight gain since patients cannot control their appetite. Although, this medicine usage may also result in weight reduction. However, this is uncommon. Loss of hunger might be the cause of weight loss. If you feel worried about your weight, then consult your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking SRT Tab after I feel improvement in my symptoms?
A: No. Do not discontinue taking SRT Tab without consulting your doctor, as it may lead to withdrawal symptoms like Nausea, sleeplessness, restlessness, and anxiety.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 January 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Sertraline: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 21 January 2022]. Available from:
- Sertraline: an antidepressant [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 21 January 2022]. Available from
- [Internet]. Rxlist.com. 2022 [cited 21 January 2022]. Available from:
- Zoloft (sertraline) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2022 [cited 21 January 2022]. Available from:
S R T
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay