Serlin 50mg Tablet
Serlin 50 MG Description
Serlin 50 mg Tablets contain sertraline as its active component. Sertraline is an antidepressant. It is used in the treatment of depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, and anxiety
. Serlin 50 mg Tablets is usually started at a lower dose, and depending on the effect of the medicine, it is gradually increased. Most side effects of Serlin 50 mg Tablet are mild and should go away within a few days of using the medicine. However, if these side effects are debilitating, consult a doctor. Do not abruptly stop taking the medicine as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like restlessness, anxiety, headache, palpitations, and sleep disturbances. At the time of consultation, it is important to inform the doctor about all the pre-existing conditions that you may have, like epilepsy, diabetes, kidney, and liver diseases. You should also inform them about all the medicines that you are taking before starting this medicine. For optimal pharmacological effects, try to take the medicine at the same time every day. This will help replenish the chemical substances in the nerve endings.
|You Save||₹10.43 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, anxiety, premenstrual syndrome|
|Side effects||nausea, tremors, diarrhoea, sweating, sleep abnormalities|
Uses of Serlin 50 MG
- Serlin 50 mg Tablets are used in,
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Treatment of panic disorders
- Treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder
- Treatment of anxiety
- Treatment of the premenstrual dysphoric disorder
Contraindications of Serlin 50 MG
- If you have had allergic reactions to the active or inactive components of Serlin 50 mg Tablets in the past.
- If you are currently taking Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) like tranylcypromine and selegiline, or have taken them in the past 14 days. The combination of these medicines can cause severe adverse effects like flushing, low blood pressure levels, coma and can eventually cause death....
- If you have a pre-existing heart condition.
- If you have a pre-existing liver disease.
Side effects of Serlin 50 MG
- Sleep irregularities
- Decrease in sexual desire
- Loss of appetite
- Erectile dysfunction
- Delayed ejaculation
Precautions and Warnings of Serlin 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience worsening of symptoms, suicidal thoughts, and thoughts related to self-harm.
- You experience a prolonged and painful erection.
- You take any other antidepressants. A combination of these medicines can increase the chances of bleeding.
- You experience pain in the eyes after taking this medicine. You should immediately consult your doctor if you experience pain in the eyes and changes in vision.
- Serlin 50 mg Tablet should be prescribed with caution in children, adolescents, and the elderly. Suicidal tendencies are higher in children and adolescents, while chances of having severe side effects are more in the elderly....
Mode of Action of Serlin 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Serlin 50 MG
- Take Serlin 50 mg Tablets exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage of Serlin 50 mg Tabs.
- Take Serlin 50 mg Tablet as a whole. Do not break, crush, or chew it.
- Serlin 5o mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Ensure that you complete the recommended course of treatment with Serlin 50 mg Tablet.
- Do not discontinue the use of Serlin 50 mg Tablets without consulting your physician first, even if you do or do not feel better.
Interactions of Serlin 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid adverse effects associated with medicine interactions, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Serlin 50 mg Tablets are known to interact with the following medicines:
- Antidepressants (bupropion, fluoxetine)- cause drowsiness and impairment in judgement.
- Anticoagulants (warfarin)- the combination increases the chances of bleeding.
- Barbiturate (phenobarbital or secobarbital)- causes sedation when used with Serlin 50 mg Tablets.
- Medicines used in the treatment of mania, like lithium- increases the chances of coarse tremors.
- Bronchodilators (ipratropium or tiotropium)- can increase the chances of tremors.
- Antihistamines (cetirizine)- causes drowsiness.
- Cough medicine (dextromethorphan)- increases the chances of drowsiness and dryness of the mouth.
- Antiarrhythmics (propafenone, flecainide)- the combination can increase the chances of palpitations and abnormalities in the heart rhythm.
- Antifungals (ketoconazole)- Serlin 50 mg tablets reduce the efficacy of these medicines.
- Antacids (cimetidine, omeprazole)- reduces the absorption of the Serlin 50 mg Tablets.
- Anti epileptics like phenytoin as Serlin 50 mg Tablet- can decrease the metabolism of phenytoin, leading to an increase in the concentration of phenytoin in the blood.
Interactions with food items
- Serlin 50 mg Tablets do not cause major side effects with any food items. So, a regular diet can be continued unless advised otherwise by the doctor.
Storage and disposal of Serlin 50 MG
Dosage of Serlin 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long should Serlin 50 mg Tablets be taken?
Q: Can Serlin 50 mg Tablet cause weight gain?
Q: When should Serlin 50 mg Tablets be taken?
- See warnings: Clinical worsening and suicide risk, precautions: Information for patients, and precautions: Pediatric use [Internet]. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 4]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Mar 4]. Available from:
- PubChem. Sertraline [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 4]. Available from: