Salbair 50mcg Packet Of 250md Tanshaler
Salbair 50 MCG Description
Salbair 50 Transhaler contains levosalbutamol as an active ingredient. It an anti-asthmatic medication that belongs to a group of medicines called fast-acting bronchodilators or relievers. It is used
to treat difficulty in breathing, coughing and whistling sound while breathing which are the symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). COPD is a disorder where your lung is damaged and making the passage of air in the lungs difficult. Salbair 50 Transhaler is a rescue medicine (quick reliever) and shows its instant effect which lasts for several hours. You should not increase the dose or stop the treatment on your own even if you feel better, as it can reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. Also, you should inform your doctor if you are already taking any other medicines.
Uses of Salbair 50 MCG
- Salbair 50 Transhaler is used for the treatment and relief of spasm and constriction of airways in obstructive airway disease characterised by difficulty in breathing, coughing, wheezing sound and tightness of chest....
Contraindications of Salbair 50 MCG
- If you are allergic to levosalbutamol or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a history of premature labour or miscarriage.
Side effects of Salbair 50 MCG
- Increased heart rate
- Fits or feeling a bit shaky, especially hands
- Muscle cramps
- Increased blood flow
Precautions and Warnings of Salbair 50 MCG
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of medical condition like heart-related disorder or blood disorder.
- You have a thyroid problem.
- You are diabetic.
- You have a low level of potassium in your blood.
- You have an infection in your lungs.
- You should avoid smoking.
Mode of Action of Salbair 50 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Salbair 50 MCG
- The medicine is taken by inhalation only.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Shake the inhaler.
- You should take the exact number of puffs as recommended by your doctor for treatment of bronchospasm.
Interactions of Salbair 50 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Salbair 50 Transhaler may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Salbair 50 Transhaler works if taken along.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, brain-related disorder, heart-related problems, or anti-asthmatic medicines etc.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with water pills like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide may decrease the potassium level in the body which leads to heart rhythm abnormalities. Your doctor may advise the monitoring of blood potassium levels....
Storage and disposal of Salbair 50 MCG
Dosage of Salbair 50 MCG
- Overdose of this medicine can be serious. Symptoms of overdose may be nervousness, headache, fainting, tremor, dry mouth, chest pain or heavy feeling, rapid or uneven heart rate, nausea, sweating, dizziness, fits etc. These demand emergency medical attention immediately....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Salbair 50 Transhaler a steroid?
Q: How long should you use this medicine?
- You should take your medicine as long as it is recommended by your doctor for the treatment of bronchospasm. If you happen to meet an asthma attack, you should take the number of puffs quickly recommended by your doctor....
Q: What is COPD?
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) is a common lung problem that produces damage to the lungs over the period. This condition produces symptoms like coughing with mucous for a long time and eventually leading to breathing difficulties....
Q: Can I experience dry mouth due to Salbair 50 Transhaler?
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake, and sugarless candy may help. Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat....
Q: When and how should I use it?
- Learn from your doctor/nurse how to use the pump. Also, read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use. Your doctor will inform you how many inhalations (puffs) to use for each dose and the maximum number of inhalations you should use in 24 hours. Strictly follow the prescribed regimen. If you do not get relief from your symptoms after using Salbair 50 Transhaler, you must contact your doctor for advice immediately....
Other Products from this Brand
- SALBAIR I TRANSCAPS
- SALBAIR I PACKET OF 200MD TANSHALER
- SALBAIR NEB 1.25MG MINI AMPOULE OF 2.5ML TRANSPULES
- SALBAIR I NEB 0.63MG 2.5ML PACKET OF 5 TRANSPULES
- SALBAIR NEB 0.31MG DEVICE OF 2.5ML TRANSPLUES
- SALBAIR I NEB 1.25MG TRANSPULES
- SALBAIR I 50/20MCG BOTTLE OF 200MD TRANSHALER
- SALBAIR B PACKET OF 200MD TRANSHALER
- SALBAIR B FORTE TRANSCAPS 200/200MCG BOTTLE OF 30 CAPSULES