Rispond 1mg Tablets
Rispond 1 MG Description
Rispond 1 mg Tablet is a medicine used in the treatment of schizophrenia, a mental condition that causes hallucinations or delusions and impairs a person's ability to think and behave. The active ing
redient of Rispond Tablet is risperidone. Rispond 1 mg Tablet aids in the restoration of chemical imbalances in the brain that cause such alterations. Rispond 1 mg Tablets also help in the treatment of manic disorder, bipolar disorder, and short-term treatment of conduct disorder. Mania is an extremely happy or enthusiastic state of mind. Rispond 1 mg Tablet helps calm the mind, soothe the nerves, boosts your social life, and allows you to go about your daily activities with ease. For optimal pharmacological effect, ensure that you take the medicine at a set time each day for the prescribed duration. The side effects of the Rispond 1 mg Tablet include insomnia, sleepiness, somnolence, parkinsonism, and headache. Do not abruptly discontinue Rispond 1 mg Tablet without first visiting the doctor, as doing so may exacerbate your symptoms. Report any unusual changes in mood or behaviour, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts to your doctor while using this medicine.
|You Save||₹4.59 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Manic depressive illness|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, insomnia, Constipation, Dry mouth, Weight gain, Tremors, Sleepiness|
Uses of Rispond 1 MG
- According to CDSCO Rispond 1 mg is used in,
- Treatment of schizophrenia
- Treatment of the manic disorder
- Preventing mania symptoms from reappearing
Contraindications of Rispond 1 MG
- If you are allergic to risperidone or the inactive ingredients of Rispond 1 mg Tablet.
- If you have dementia-related psychosis, this medication is not advised for you. It raises the risk of cardiac illness and infectious diseases, such as pneumonia.
- If you have a history of liver illness.
- If you are diagnosed with kidney problems.
- If you have gastrointestinal illnesses.
- If you are frequently suffering from urinary tract infections.
- If you have Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS)
Side effects of Rispond 1 MG
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
Precautions and Warnings of Rispond 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience involuntary tongue, lip, and face movements. If you have tardive dyskinesia and experience any of these symptoms, contact your doctor.
- You have a history of seizures.
- Your blood glucose and cholesterol levels increase while taking this medication.
- You are a breastfeeding mother.
- You conceive during the course of Rispond Tablet or are planning a pregnancy.
- You experience side effects that are persistent and worsen in time.
- You may become more susceptible to temperature changes when using a Rispond 1 mg Tablet. Thus, it's best to avoid becoming dehydrated, especially during the summer. To cope with this, drink enough fluids....
Mode of Action of Rispond 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rispond 1 MG
- To use the Rispond 1 mg Tablet, follow your doctor's instructions.
- The dosage and duration of Rispond Tablet are determined by the doctor.
- Rispond 1 mg Tablet should be swallowed as a whole with water. Do not crush, chew, or break it.
- Do not alter the dosage of Rispond 1 mg Tablet unless advised by the doctor.
- Do not discontinue this medicine abruptly, even if you feel better.
Interactions of Rispond 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Rispond 1 mg Tablets are known to interact with the following medicines.
- When used with risperidone(active ingredient of Rispond), tramadol (narcotic group) may increase the risk of seizures.
- Rispond 1 mg Tablets may counteract the effects of medications like levodopa.
- The concentration of Rispond Tablets is reduced by anticonvulsants like carbamazepine.
- Drowsiness, dry mouth, flushing, and memory problems may develop when Rispond Tablet is used with dextromethorphan and doxylamine (antihistamines).
- Adverse effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating may occur when Rispond Tablet is used with analgesics like vicodin, acetaminophen, and hydrocodone.
Interactions with food items
- Food Interaction information is not available for the Rispond 1 mg capsule. Follow your doctor’s instructions.
Storage and disposal of Rispond 1 MG
Dosage of Rispond 1 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it true that Rispond 1 mg Tablets cause weight gain?
Q: Is it possible that taking a Rispond 1 mg Tablet can cause psychosis?
Q: Is it safe to use a Rispond 1 mg tablet while taking my epilepsy medication?
- Risperidone. National Library of Medicine; 2022. [cited 2022 Mar 8]. Available from:
- Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 8]. Available from:
- Risperidone 0.5 mg Film-coated Tablets [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 8]. Available from:
- These highlights do not include all the information needed to use RISPERIDONE TABLETS safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for RISPERIDONE TABLETS. RISPERIDONE tablets, for oral use Initial U.S. Approval: 1993 [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 8]. Available from:
- Enforcement Reports. [cited 2022 Mar 8]; Available from:
- Medlineplus.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 8]. Available from:
- Risperidone (oral route) [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 8]. Available from: