Petril 0.5mg Tablet
Petril 0.5 MG Description
Petril tablet is a prescription medication used for treating mood disorders, anxiety disorders, depression and epilepsy (fits). It is composed of clonazepam. It reduces the excess neurological activi
ty in the brain by increasing a chemical messenger. Some of the common side effects of Petril tablets are depression, fatigue, dizziness, etc. It can cause increase the tendency of suicidal thoughts. It also causes dependency if you use it for a long duration. So, it is necessary to monitor the dosage of this medicine and use it only for a short duration. You should not stop using it suddenly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like sudden movements, sweating, nausea, muscle pain, etc. Anxiety and other mood disorders affect the way you feel. It can sometimes be accompanied by major depressive disorder. The reasons behind it are mostly unknown. It can be caused by common triggers like stress, trauma, etc. Epilepsy is a condition caused due to the electrical overactivity of the nerve cells. Petril tablets help stabilise mood by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain.
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, seizure disorder|
|Side effects||Dizziness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, memory problems, confusion, depression, drowsiness, blurred vision, muscle pain, difficulty speaking, increased salivation, suicidal thoughts.|
Uses of Petril 0.5 MG
- Seizure disorder or epilepsy
- Anxiety and panic disorder
Contraindications of Petril 0.5 MG
- If you’re allergic to any ingredient of Petril tablet.
- If you have any respiratory diseases, this medication causes excess secretions.
- If you have a serious liver disease
- If you are pregnant or planning for a pregnancy.
- If you are diagnosed with narrow-angle glaucoma, an eye condition, this will increase the fluid pressure inside the eye.
- If you have any history of drug or alcohol abuse.
- If you have suicidal or self-harming thoughts after using this medicine.
Side effects of Petril 0.5 MG
- Mood changes
- Memory problems
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty speaking
- Increased salivation
Precautions and Warnings of Petril 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are taking certain herbal or ayurvedic supplements like St john’s wort, a herbal supplement that is used in treating depression.
- You have any surgery or a dental procedure planned.
- You need to do something that requires maintaining steady focus; this medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
- You are an elderly patient over the age of 65.
Mode of Action of Petril 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Petril 0.5 MG
- Take the Petril tablet exactly in the dose and duration advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage of this medicine, even if you do not notice any changes.
- Take Petril tablet as a whole, with a glass of water.
- Do not break or chew this tablet.
- Do not take Petril tablet with other medications without consulting your doctor.
- Don’t take it if the package has been already opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Petril medication, as it can have adverse effects
Interactions of Petril 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Petril tablet interacts with many other medications. Inform your doctor of the full list of the medicines you are currently using.
- Do not use pain relievers like codeine, oxycodone, fentanyl, tramadol, etc., with this tablet. It can cause serious adverse effects.
- If you are using antibiotics (rifampicin), antifungals (ketoconazole), anti-allergy medicines (cetirizine), inform your doctor, as the dose may need to be adjusted.
- If you are using other sedatives or antidepressant medicines, the reactions between them can cause unwanted effects.
Interactions with food items
- There is not much information on food interactions with the Petril tablet. You can take this tablet with or without consuming food. But if you’re experiencing any stomach issues, take it after eating.