Pantosec 20mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantosec 20mg Tab composition is pantoprazole which belongs to the group of medicines which decreases acid production in the stomach. It is a proton pump inhibitor.
Uses of Pantosec 20mg Tab
- Stomach ulcer
- Ulcer in the first part of intestine
- A stomach infection called Helicobacter pylori (with antibiotics)
- for symptoms such as heartburn, acid regurgitation associated to gastro-esophageal reflux disease
Contraindications of Pantosec 20mg Tab
- Any allergic reaction to Pantosec 20mg Tab or other proton pump inhibitors
- rilpivirine or atazanavir or other anti-HIV medications
- stomach cancer/suspected stomach cancer
Side effects of Pantosec 20mg Tab
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Serious skin conditions
- Sensitivity to light
- Increased risk of infections in the long term use
- Risk of fracture of the hip, wrist or spine
- Skin turning yellow (severe damage to liver cells, jaundice)
- Altered sense of taste
- Blurred vision
- Decreased sodium and magnesium levels
Precautions and Warnings of Pantosec 20mg Tab
Can I take Pantosec 20mg Tab during pregnancy?
There are no adequate information on the use of Pantosec 20mg Tab in pregnant women. If you are pregnant, consult your doctor on the benefits versus the risk of taking it during pregnancy
Can I take Pantosec 20mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Pantosec 20mg Tab passes into human milk. If you are breast-feeding, consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pantosec 20mg Tab?
Pantosec 20mg Tab has negligible influence on the ability to drive. However, if you experience side effects like dizziness or disturbed vision, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantosec 20mg Tab?
No interaction between alcohol and Pantosec 20mg Tab has been reported. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and may make your condition worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have severe liver issues and in case of an increase in liver enzymes, the treatment should be stopped.
- If you have low levels of vitamin B12 (like cobalamin), note that Pantosec 20mg Tab is known to cause reduced absorption of vitamin B12 in the long term.
- If on exposure to sun, you get a rash on your skin, stop taking Pantosec 20mg Tab and inform your doctor immediately.
- It may cause Clostridium Difficle-associated diarrhea and malabsorption if taken long term.
Mode of Action of Pantosec 20mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Pantosec 20mg Tab binds itself to the proton pump, thus blocking acid secretion.
Directions for Use of Pantosec 20mg Tab
- Pantoprazole should be taken in the morning on empty stomach.
- Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water.
- Take Pantosec 20mg Tab as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pantosec 20mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Itraconazole, Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infections)
- Erlotinib, Methotrexate (used for certain types of cancer)
- Medicines given in HIV/AIDS patients (such as nelfinavir / tenofovir/ atazanavir, rilpivirine etc.)
- Warfarin and Phenprocoumon, which affect the thickening or thinning of the blood
Interactions with food items
There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate, and cola), and alcohol can stimulate stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process
Storage and disposal of Pantosec 20mg Tab
Store in a cool dry place, protected from light. Keep away from children and pets. Properly discard this product after consulting your pharmacist or local waste disposal company, when the medication has is expired or is no longer needed.
Dosage of Pantosec 20mg Tab
There are no known symptoms of overdose. However, if you have taken an overdose, you should inform your doctor and seek immediate medical attention.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose take it as soon as you remember. If the next dose is due, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not double the dosage to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long should the drug be taken?
A: It needs 5 days to a week the condition to show improvement. The duration depends on the condition for which it is taken.
Q: What should I tell my healthcare provider before starting this medication?
A: It is important to share any personal or family history of stomach cancer, history of HIV or AIDS, liver cirrhosis or other critical conditions that you are suffering from. Also disclose to your doctor all the ongoing medication, supplements that you are taking.
Q: When and how should the medicine be consumed?
A: The tablet should be taken on an empty stomach, in the morning as a single dose.
Q: Can Pantosec 20mg Tab cause diarrhea?
A: This medicine can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. Do not use anti-diarrhea medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q: Does Pantosec 20mg Tab help with gas?
A: Pantosec 20mg Tab is used to treat certain stomach and esophagus problems (such as acid reflux). It works by decreasing the amount of acid your stomach makes. This medication relieves symptoms such as heartburn, acidity.
Q: Can I take Pantosec 20mg Tab for long time?
A: Taking this medicine for a long time may make it harder for your body to absorb vitamin B12. Tell your doctor if you have concerns about this.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved