Macox Plus 450/300mg Tablet
Macox Plus 450/300mg Tablet Description
Macox Plus is a type of anti-tubercular drug which is used in the treatment of tuberculosis. Tuberculosis is an infectious disease that affects the lungs caused by a bacteria, namely Mycobacterium tu
berculosis. Macox Plus is a combination of two drugs, namely Rifampicin and Isoniazid. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria responsible for causing tuberculosis.
|Contains||Rifampicin(450.0 Mg) + Isoniazid(300.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, numbness/ tingling sensation, diarrhoea, heartburn, easy bruising/bleeding, change the colour of urine, sweat, or saliva to dark yellow.|
Uses of Macox Plus 450/300mg Tablet
- Specifically used for the treatment of tuberculosis.
Contraindications of Macox Plus 450/300mg Tablet
Side effects of Macox Plus 450/300mg Tablet
- Numbness/ Tingling sensation
- Easy Bruising/Bleeding
- Can change the colour of urine, sweat, or saliva to dark yellow.
Precautions and Warnings of Macox Plus 450/300mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- If you have to start with any vitamins or supplements along with the medication, even if the supplement is herbal, ayurvedic or any other category.
- You experience vision issues, allergic reactions or joint pain after taking the medication.
- Macox Plus tends to decrease the effectiveness of hormonal birth control, so one should adopt additional methods of contraception to ensure safety.
- Not recommended for children below 15 years of age.
- Seek immediate help if you notice any severe side effects or worsening of other side effects.
- Do not stop taking the dose on your own if you start feeling better without consulting your doctor. It can worsen the situation.
Mode of Action of Macox Plus 450/300mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Macox Plus 450/300mg Tablet
- Macox Plus should be taken according to the recommendation of a doctor.
- It is usually taken as a long term medicine in combination with other medicines.
- It has to be taken on an empty stomach, preferably 1 hr before taking food or 2 hrs after the food. Try to maintain a schedule and have the medicine at the same time every day.
- The tablet has to be swallowed whole orally with a glass of water. The tablet should not be chewed, crushed or broken.
Interactions of Macox Plus 450/300mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Antiviral medicines
- MAO inhibitors
- Blood thinners
Interactions with food items
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Macox Plus. It can increase the risk of liver damage; hence you should avoid it.
- Avoid tyramine/histamine containing cheese, red wine, fish, soy, tuna, salmon, beer.
Storage and disposal of Macox Plus 450/300mg Tablet
Dosage of Macox Plus 450/300mg Tablet
- Do not take medicine more than the advised dosage. In case of an allergic reaction like swelling of the face or tongue, rush to the hospital. Overdose can exhibit severe side effects. Seek immediate help in case of overdose....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am bloated after Macox Plus. Can I take an antacid?
Q: Why have my contact lenses discoloured after taking the Macox Plus?
- Macox Plus tends to have a common side effect of turning sweat, saliva and tears red. Thus, lenses are discoloured and wearing the same should be avoided.