Macfast 500mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
- Macfast 500mg Tab contains paracetamol which is an antipyretic and analgesic used to get relief from fever and pain in various disease conditions.
Uses of Macfast 500mg Tab
- Relief from mild to moderate pain
- Reduce the fever in cold
- Stomach ache
- Back pain
Contraindications of Macfast 500mg Tab
- Paracetamol is not advisable in patients with allergy to paracetamol or suffering from severe liver or kidney disorders.
- It should also be avoided in patients who are consuming other medications containing paracetamol.
Side effects of Macfast 500mg Tab
- Skin reactions
- Liver damage
- Exacerbation of asthma
- Low count of blood platelets and white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Macfast 500mg Tab
Can I take Macfast 500mg Tab during pregnancy?
Paracetamol can be taken during pregnancy. However, the physician should be consulted to decide the duration and the dosage.
Can I take Macfast 500mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Yes the medicine can be used while breastfeeding after consultation with the physician.
Can I drive if I have consumed Macfast 500mg Tab?
Yes in suitable doses the medicine is not known to affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Macfast 500mg Tab?
Paracetamol can cause liver damage. Therefore, excessive consumption of alcohol should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
The physician should be informed of the complete medical history especially in patients with liver disorders. Also notify the physician in case of regular consumption of alcohol prior to treatment.
Mode of Action of Macfast 500mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Paracetamol acts by inhibiting the prostaglandin synthesis (chemicals released in the body during pain) and reduces the awareness of pain in the body. It lowers the fever by certain action on the area of the brain that controls the body temperature.
Directions for Use of Macfast 500mg Tab
Macfast 500mg Tab should be swallowed with water, with or without food, as prescribed by the physician. Take 2 tablets upto 4 times a day, as required to obtain relief from symptoms. Keep at least 4 hours between each dose.
Interactions of Macfast 500mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
Interactions with food items
Interactions with food are unknown.
Other general Interactions
Interactions with other conditions are unknown.
Storage and disposal of Macfast 500mg Tab
- The medicine should be stored in a cool and dry place. Keep away from sunlight and excessive heat.
Dosage of Macfast 500mg Tab
- Symptoms of overdose include nausea, diarrhea, profuse sweating, low blood sugar, irritability, convulsions, etc. Overdose can cause liver damage and paracetamol overdose poisoning very common as it is assumed to be a safe medicine. In case of excess dosage of Macfast 500mg Tab, contact physician immediately.read less
Missed a Dose
The missed dose should be taken if remembered within 2 hours. The following dose should be taken after 4 hours of taking the previous dose. In case it is time for the next dose, regular dosing schedule should be followed. Extra medicine should not be taken to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are things to keep in mind while using paracetamol?
- The physician should be informed in case of liver disorders, bleeding disorders, and alcohol dependence prior to consumption of the medicine.
Q: When and how should I take Macfast 500mg Tab?
A: Dosage of Macfast 500mg Tab should be taken as instructed by the healthcare practitioner. Keep at least 4 hours between each dose. Take the medicine as required to obtain relief from symptoms. The tablet is not recommended in children below 6 years of age.
Q: What are the storage conditions for paracetamol?
A: Paracetamol should be stored in a cool and dry place. Keep away from children and pets. Do not store above 25?C. Do not use after expiry date on the carton.
Q: What are the other precautions to be taken while using Macfast 500mg Tab?
A: The medicine should not be taken while taking other medications that reduce blood clotting. The physician should be informed about the current medications including natural or herbal supplements.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken while giving Macfast 500mg Tab in children?
A: The paracetamol dose for children from 6 years to adolescents of 15 years is adjusted as per their age. For all children doses, the medicine should be given only as required to obtain relief from symptoms. Do not give more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
- NHS. Paracetamol.
- Essential medicines and health products information portal. A WHO resource.
- Your.MD. Paracetamol.
- Drugs and Lactation Database. LactMed. Paracetamol.
- NHS. Common health questions.Medicines. Can I drink alcohol if I am taking painkillers?
- NHS. Common health questions.Medicines. Can I take paracetamol when I am pregnant?
Other Variants for
Macfast 500mg Tab
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved