Lupituss Cpm Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
Lupituss Cpm Bottle Of 100ml Suspension Description
Lupituss CPM Syrup is a combination of medicine containing Levocloperastine and Chlorphenaramine. It is used to treat non-productive cough, also known as dry cough without sputum along with associate
d allergies and conditions such as runny and stuffed nose, sneezing and throat irritation. Lupituss CPM Syrup suppresses the cough by reducing the activity of the cough centre in the brain and improves allergic symptoms. It should not be used for children below 8 years of age and pregnant women. Always shake the bottle well before consuming. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medicine or have medical conditions. If you experience any other undesired effect after consuming this medicine, reach out to your nearest hospital or clinic.
|You Save||₹25.41 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levocloperastine Fendizoate(35.4 Mg) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(4.0 Mg)|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Lupituss Cpm Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
Contraindications of Lupituss Cpm Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
- If you are allergic to Levocloperastine, Chlorpheniramine or any other component of Lupituss CPM Syrup.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) like isocarboxazid, phenelzine or tranylcypromine in the last 14 days.
Side effects of Lupituss Cpm Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, dry mouth
- Exhaustion, faintness, numbness
- Sleepiness, sedation, dizziness
- Headache, blurred vision, altered coordination
Precautions and Warnings of Lupituss Cpm Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
Other General Warnings
- You have hypertension, heart disease.
- You have uncontrolled diabetes.
- You have hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid), seizures.
- You are allergic to any other medicine.
- You have any medical condition like fits, kidney disease, liver disease, glaucoma (eye disorder), emphysema or chronic bronchitis (lung disease) or difficulty in urinating or an enlarged prostate.
- You have rare hereditary problems of fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption or sucrase-isomaltase.
- Lupituss CPM Syrup should not be used for children below 8 years of age.
Mode of Action of Lupituss Cpm Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
How Does It Work?
- Lupituss CPM Syrup contains Levocloperastine and Chlorpheniramine.
- Levocloperastine acts on the cough centre in the brain, thus reducing their activity by suppressing the cough.
- Chlorpheniramine acts by blocking the action of histamine, a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction and improves allergic symptoms like sneezing, watery eyes, throat irritation....
Directions for Use of Lupituss Cpm Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
- Take Lupituss CPM Syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or a dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Lupituss Cpm Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used in brain diseases such as nitrazepam, diazepam, sertraline, citalopram may cause increased drowsiness when coadministered with this syrup.
- Lupituss CPM Syrup inhibits phenytoin when taken concomitantly and can lead to phenytoin toxicity.
- Lupituss CPM Syrup with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) like isocarboxazid, phenelzine or tranylcypromine can lead to serious effects like dilated pupils, decreased secretions, increased heart rate....
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Lupituss Cpm Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
- Store below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Lupituss Cpm Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
- Excess of Lupituss CPM Syrup may cause sedation, agitation, confusion, convulsions, difficulty in breathing, dry mouth, involuntary contractions of muscles of the extremities, face, neck, abdomen, pelvis or larynx and heart collapse including irregular heartbeat....
- If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)