Levokast Ab Tablet
By TTK HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levokast Ab Tablet is used to treat blockage, swelling and irritation associated with bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and cure symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as a
runny nose, sneezing, red, itchy, and watery eyes. It contains a combination of montelukast and acebrophylline. Levokast Ab Tablet works by relaxing the muscles of the air passages, widening and making breathing easier. It should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Inform the doctor if you have any medical condition and are on any medication. You may feel sleepy, dizzy, nauseous, vomiting and stomach pain after consuming Levokast Ab Tablet. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult the doctor....
Uses of Levokast Ab Tablet
Levokast Ab Tablet is used to treat allergic rhinitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and bronchial asthma in adults.
Contraindications of Levokast Ab Tablet
- If you are allergic to montelukast, acebrophylline or any other component of Levokast Ab Tablet.
- If you had a heart attack in past.
- If you have liver or kidney disease.
- If you have or had hypotension, irregular heartbeat, heart failure or heart disease.
Side effects of Levokast Ab Tablet
- Headache, fever, drowsiness
- Stomach pain, stomach discomfort, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, constipation, and heartburn
- Increased liver enzymes
- Rash, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Levokast Ab Tablet
Can I take Levokast Ab Tablet during pregnancy?
Levokast Ab Tablet should not be used during pregnancy, as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Talk to the doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Inform the doctor if you are on other medication.
Can I take Levokast Ab Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Levokast Ab Tablet on breastfeeding. Use while breastfeeding is not recommended, inform the doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Levokast Ab Tablet?
Levokast Ab Tablet does not affect the ability to drive. However if you experience dizziness, drowsiness, and headache avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Levokast Ab Tablet?
No, you should not consume alcohol with Levokast Ab Tablet. It might reduce the effectiveness and increases drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or had liver, kidney or heart disease or disorder.
- You are giving it to elderly patient age more than 65 years.
- You have other medical condition like hyperthyroidism or hypertension, stomach or intestinal ulcer or fits, and are on any medication.
- You experience any psychiatric events after taking Levokast Ab Tablet.
- You experience any unusual symptoms.
- Levokast Ab Tablet should not be replaced with other medicine suddenly. It should not use for an acute asthma attack.
- Levokast Ab Tablet should not be used for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Levokast Ab Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast helps to control the symptoms by blocking the action of a substance in the body called leukotrienes which causes narrowing and swelling of airways in the lungs and cause symptoms of allergic rhinitis and asthma....Read more
- Acebrophylline works by relaxing the muscles of the airway, thinning and loosening the mucus of the airway, which makes it easy to breathe for people with lung problems. It also has an anti-inflammatory action that helps to treat any underlying cause....Read more
Directions for Use of Levokast Ab Tablet
- Levokast Ab Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Take at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume more than that prescribed by a doctor.
Interactions of Levokast Ab Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Levokast Ab Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Medicines used to treat infections such as erythromycin, ciprofloxacin, doxycycline, amoxicillin increases the effect of Levokast Ab Tablet when used concomitantly.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat heart disease such as furosemide, diltiazem, verapamil, isoprenaline may increase the effect of Levokast Ab Tablet.
- Medicines used to treat fits and tuberculosis such as phenytoin, phenobarbital and rifampin decrease the effect of Levokast Ab Tablet when co-administered.
- Medicines used to treat abnormal blood lipid levels such as gemfibrozil may increase the effect of Levokast Ab Tablet when co-administered.
Storage and disposal of Levokast Ab Tablet
- Store at temperature below
- 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Levokast Ab Tablet
Excess of Levokast Ab Tablet may cause stomach pain, sleepiness, thirst, headache, vomiting, nausea, chest pain, bloody vomit, restlessness, fits, and increased heart rate. If you have taken too much
of this medicine, contact the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Levokast Ab Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Levokast Ab Tablet if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking Levokast Ab Tablet until and unless the doctor advises you. If you stop taking the medicine, it can lead to serious breathing problem which can be very dangerous. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per need.
Q: Can I take an additional dose of Levokast Ab Tablet during a sudden asthma attack?
A: No, Levokast Ab Tablet should not be used for sudden (acute) asthma attacks as it takes time to act, and it does not relieve your obstructive symptoms immediately. You must use an asthma inhaler for such emergencies. Reach out to the doctor immediately.
Q: Is Levokast Ab Tablet a steroid medicine?
A: No, Levokast Ab Tablet is not a steroid medicine. It belongs to the anti-allergic class of medicine.
Q: Is Levokast Ab Tablet safe to use in elderly people?
A: No, it should not be given without consulting the doctor. Elderly people are more prone to suffer from certain medical conditions. Levokast Ab Tablet needs to be given cautiously in them. Hence, consulting the doctor is necessary before you start this medicine.
Last Updated on: 06 May 2021 | 10:34 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved