Ketomac 2% Shampoo 110ml
By TORQUE PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
110ml Shampoo in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ketomac Shampoo is used in dandruff and flaky scalp. It contains Ketoconazole, an antifungal medicine. Ketoconazole binds to the fungal cell membrane and inhibits its growth by altering the permeability of cell membranes. Ketomac Shampoo should be used as advised by your doctor.
Uses of Ketomac 2% Shampoo 110ml
Ketomac Shampoo is used for the treatment and prevention of dandruff.
Contraindications of Ketomac 2% Shampoo 110ml
If you are allergic to Ketoconazole or any other contents of Ketomac shampoo
Side effects of Ketomac 2% Shampoo 110ml
- Dry hair
- Skin burning sensation
- Thinning of the hair
- Change of hair texture
Precautions and Warnings of Ketomac 2% Shampoo 110ml
Can I use Ketomac shampoo during pregnancy?
Ketomac shampoo should not be used during pregnancy unless considered necessary by your doctor. Do not use without consulting your doctor.
Can I use Ketomac shampoo while breastfeeding?
Use of Ketomac shampoo while breastfeeding poses little or no risk to the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have used Ketomac shampoo?
Ketomac shampoo is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I am using Ketomac shampoo?
Avoid the use of alcohol as it may worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your skin condition doesn't improve, worsens or if you experience any side effects.
- Take precautions to ensure the shampoo does not get into your eyes if it does wash your eyes with cold water gently.
- You are applying any steroid creams, gradually decrease the application over 2-3 weeks. Suddenly stopping it is not advised as it may worsen your skin problems.
Mode of Action of Ketomac 2% Shampoo 110ml
How Does It Work?
Ketoconazole is an antifungal medicine. Dandruff is caused by a fungi Malassezia residing on the scalp. It inhibits the growth of fungus and yeasts by altering the permeability of fungal cell membranes. Hence, it prevents the growth of fungus and yeast. It results in the death of a fungal cell.
Directions for Use of Ketomac 2% Shampoo 110ml
- Ketomac shampoo should be used as directed by the doctor.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wet your hair and scalp well with water. Apply enough shampoo and gently massage it over your entire scalp. Keep it for 5-10 mins before rinsing off. Rinse your hair and scalp with water.
- Ketomac shampoo may be irritating to mucous membranes of the eyes and contact with this area should be avoided.
- In case your eyes come in contact with Ketomac shampoo rinse your eyes with cold water thoroughly.
Interactions of Ketomac 2% Shampoo 110ml
Interactions with other medicines
If you were on any steroid creams for a prolonged time, it is recommended to withdraw it over 2-3 weeks, while using Keomac shampoo, to prevent worsening of an underlying condition.
Storage and disposal of Ketomac 2% Shampoo 110ml
- Store the Ketomac shampoo in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged products.
Dosage of Ketomac 2% Shampoo 110ml
As Ketomac shampoo is only for external use, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss applying Ketomac shampoo, apply it the next time you wash your hair. Do not over apply the shampoo just to compensate for the missed application.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 23 Jun 2021 | 11:13 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved