Ketomac 2% Shampoo 110ml
Ketomac 2 %W/V Description
Ketomac shampoo is an anti-dandruff shampoo. It is used for the treatment of dandruff and to control flaking, scaling and itching due to dandruff. Ketomac shampoo contains ketoconazole, an antifungal medicine clinically proven to control dandruff. Ketomac shampoo works by controlling the growth of fungus, which is the root cause of dandruff, along with addressing the symptoms of dandruff.
Other shampoos with ketoconazole as their active ingredient include Nizoral shampoo, Ketocip shampoo, Nizol shampoo, and Exizol shampoo. Ketomac shampoo should be used only under medical supervision, do not use it as a regular shampoo. It is important to wet the hair and scalp thoroughly before applying the shampoo, and then massage it into the scalp and hair for at least three minutes before rinsing it off with water.
Dryness, irritation, or scalp redness are a few possible side effects of using Ketomac shampoo. It's crucial to get medical help if these symptoms worsen or persist. Only if prescribed by a doctor should Ketomac shampoo be used by patients who are pregnant or nursing.
Ketomac shampoo should not be applied to broken or irritated skin, and you should always follow your doctor's or chemist's instructions before using it. If you notice any strange symptoms or side effects, stop using the shampoo right away and call your doctor.
Uses of Ketomac 2 %W/V
Contraindications of Ketomac 2 %W/V
Side effects of Ketomac 2 %W/V
- Dry hair
- Skin burning sensation
- Thinning of the hair
- Change of hair texture
Precautions and Warnings of Ketomac 2 %W/V
Other General Warnings
- Your skin condition doesn't improve, worsens or if you experience any side effects.
- Take precautions to ensure the shampoo does not get into your eyes if it does wash your eyes with cold water gently.
- You are applying any steroid creams, gradually decrease the application over 2-3 weeks. Suddenly stopping it is not advised as it may worsen your skin problems.
Directions for Use of Ketomac 2 %W/V
- Ketomac shampoo should be used as directed by the doctor.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wet your hair and scalp well with water. Apply enough shampoo and gently massage it over your entire scalp. Keep it for 5-10 mins before rinsing off. Rinse your hair and scalp with water.
- Ketomac shampoo may be irritating to mucous membranes of the eyes and contact with this area should be avoided.
- In case your eyes come in contact with Ketomac shampoo rinse your eyes with cold water thoroughly.
Storage and disposal of Ketomac 2 %W/V
- Store the Ketomac shampoo in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged products.
Quick Tips of Ketomac 2 %W/V
- Ketomac 2% shampoo is used to treat dandruff and to control flaking, scaling and itching due to dandruff. It contains ketoconazole as the active ingredient. Do not use this shampoo for any other condition other than that specified by your doctor....
- This medicine is meant for external application and should not be swallowed.
- Ketomac shampoo should not be used on broken or inflamed scalp.
- If your eyes come in contact with this shampoo, then rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Dry hair and burning may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. These symptoms, however, are usually mild and resolve on their own. Furthermore, not everyone may get this side effect....
Dosage of Ketomac 2 %W/V
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Ketomac 2 %W/V
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Ketomac 2 %W/V
Interactions with other medicines
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to use Ketomac shampoo?
- Wet your hair and scalp well with water
- Apply enough shampoo and gently massage it over your entire scalp
- Rinse your hair and scalp with water
Q: Is Ketomac shampoo good for hair?
- Dandruff makes your hair brittle and causes hair fall
- Ketomac shampoo will help you to get rid of dandruff
Q: Is Ketomac shampoo Sulphate free?
Q: Can both men and women use Ketomac shampoo?
Q: What is the composition of Ketomac shampoo?
Q: Can we apply conditioner after Ketomac shampoo?
Q: Is Ketomac a dandruff treatment shampoo?
Q: How to keep scalp healthy and clean?
- A balanced diet: It's important to maintain a balanced diet to have good hair and a healthy scalp. It can be achieved by including green leafy vegetables, beans, nuts, eggs and foods rich in antioxidants to your diet...
- Massage your scalp: A massage with coconut oil increases the chance of good, long and strong hair. They act as natural conditioners, improve blood circulation and evenly spreads the oils making the roots strong...
- Don't wash your hair too often: Washing your hair with shampoo very often can damage your hair and make the scalp dry. Your hair will lose moisture
- Avoid using hair colour: Hair colours are ammonia-based, which is a bleaching agent and can harm your scalp and cause hair damage. Try natural hair colours that are not harsh on your hair and scalp. Use mild shampoos...
- Supplementation: Take supplements that are rich in vitamins and minerals like biotin. They not only protect your hair but also boosts hair growth
- Try natural hair packs: Apply natural hair packs on your hair at least once a week. These packs help keep your hair moisturised
- Protecting your hair: To avoid hair damage, protect it with a hat or scarf whenever you go out
- Avoid combing wet hair: Brushing wet hair will result in hair fall since at that time, the hair roots are soft and can easily lose their grip. Let your hair dry before you comb
Q: Can I scratch all dandruff out?
Q: Can Ketomac shampoo be used on kids?
Q: Will Ketomac cure dandruff permanently?
- Ketoconazole 2% w/w Shampoo - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Ketoconazole [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 April 2022]
- Ketoconazole (Topical Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 12 April 2022]
- Ketomac Shampoo [Internet]. Ketomac.co.in. 2021 [ Cited 15 December 2021]
- Ketoconazole 2% w/w Shampoo - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 April 2022]
- Ketoconazole Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 12 April 2022]