Kephazon S 1gm Injection
Kephazon S 1gm Injection Description
Kephazon S 1gm Inj is a combination medicine containing sulbactam and cefoperazone as active ingredients. It is an antibiotic medicine that is used to treat severe bacterial infections of the lungs,
airways, urinary tract, skin, soft tissues, joints and bones. This medicine acts by inhibiting the formation of the cell wall and kill the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Kephazon S 1gm Inj will be given to you by a doctor or nurse at the hospital setting or a clinic. Inform your doctor about all the known medical conditions, medical and medication history as well as all the medicines you are taking, including herbal supplements.
Uses of Kephazon S 1gm Injection
Contraindications of Kephazon S 1gm Injection
Side effects of Kephazon S 1gm Injection
- Loose stools
- Allergic reactions
- Pain and tenderness at the site of injection
- Rashes with redness of the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Kephazon S 1gm Injection
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of severe allergic reactions to antibiotics.
- You have a disease related to the liver and kidney.
- You are taking blood-thinning medicines.
- You are suffering from diarrhoea when on treatment or even after discontinuing the treatment.
- You notice abnormal bleeding.
- You may develop an allergic reaction after taking Kephazon S 1gm Inj
Mode of Action of Kephazon S 1gm Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Kephazon S 1gm Injection
Interactions of Kephazon S 1gm Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interactions of Kephazon S 1gm Inj with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains sulbactam & cefoperazone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too....
- Medicines or solutions containing ethanol can cause flushing, sweating, headache and increased heartbeats.
- If you are taking an antibiotic that belongs to the aminoglycoside class, it is advisable to monitor kidney functions regularly.
- Simultaneous use of anti-gout medicines like probenecid should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Kephazon S 1gm Injection
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly.