Freelex Plus Bottle Of 170ml Suspension
Freelex Plus Bottle Of 170ml Suspension Description
Freelex Plus Suspension is used to treat constipation. It contains sodium picosulfate, liquid paraffin and magnesium hydroxide as its active ingredients. Constipation is a condition in which a person
has uncomfortable and fewer bowel movements than normal. The stool can be hard and dry and it may be painful sometimes to pass the bowel. Freelex Plus Suspension works by increasing the movement of the intestine and softening the stool, thus easing defecation. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹25.00 (20% on MRP)|
|Contains||Sodium Picosulfate(3.33 Mg) + Liquid Paraffin(1.25 Mg) + Magnesium Hydroxide / Milk Of Magnesia(300.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, abdominal discomfort, pain or cramps|
Uses of Freelex Plus Bottle Of 170ml Suspension
Contraindications of Freelex Plus Bottle Of 170ml Suspension
- If you are allergic to sodium picosulfate, magnesium hydroxide or liquid paraffin or any other ingredients of Freelex Plus Suspension.
- If you have severe dehydration.
- If you have intestinal obstruction or any condition related to the intestine.
- If you have a severe painful abdominal condition such as appendicitis associated with fever and vomiting.
- If you have severe kidney or stomach-intestinal condition or disease.
Side effects of Freelex Plus Bottle Of 170ml Suspension
- Stomach pain
- Cramps or discomfort
- Sudden passage of stool (anal seepage)
- Anal irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Freelex Plus Bottle Of 170ml Suspension
Other General Warnings
- You may have altered liver and kidney function.
- You are using it for elderly people.
- Your condition does not improve.
- You have swallowing difficulties or are on a low-sodium diet.
- You have a medical condition including intestinal obstruction and are on other medication.
- Prolonged use of Freelex Plus Suspension is not recommended.
- Freelex Plus Suspension must not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Freelex Plus Bottle Of 170ml Suspension
How Does It Work?
- Sodium picosulfate works by stimulating the movements of the large intestine and accumulation of the water inside the colon.
- Liquid paraffin acts by softening the stool. Thus, it helps to defecate easily.
- Magnesium hydroxide acts as an antacid as well as a laxative. It neutralizes the acid as well as increases the retention of the water in the intestine.
Directions for Use of Freelex Plus Bottle Of 170ml Suspension
- Take Freelex Plus Suspension as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use. Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Freelex Plus Bottle Of 170ml Suspension
Interactions with other medicines
- Freelex Plus Suspension may alter the effect of captopril, enalapril (anti-hypertensive), atazanavir, fosamprenavir (antivirals), fexofenadine (antihistamines), gabapentin and phenytoin (antiepileptics), lansoprazole (ulcer healing), iron preparations, rosuvastatin (lipid-lowering) and sulpiride, phenothiazines (antipsychotics)....
- Concurrent use of corticosteroids such as prednisone with Freelex Plus Suspension may cause electrolyte imbalance.
- Concurrent use of antibacterials and antifungals such as azithromycin, cefaclor, cefpodoxime, isoniazid, itraconazole, rifampicin, tetracyclines might decrease the effect of Freelex Plus Suspension.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Freelex Plus Bottle Of 170ml Suspension
- Store Freelex Plus Suspension below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Freelex Plus Bottle Of 170ml Suspension
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Freelex Plus Suspension help with weight loss?
Q: What is Freelex Plus Suspension used for?
Q: How do you take Freelex Plus Suspension?
Q: Can I take Freelex Plus Suspension daily?
- Magnesium Hydroxide Mixture BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 November 2021]
- Dulcolax Twelve Plus Pico Liquid, 5 mg / 5 ml, oral solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 November 2021]
- Paraffin DS [Internet]. E-lactancia.org. 2021 [cited 18 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 November 2021]