Cofton 4mg Tablets
Cofton 4 MG Description
Cofton Tablet is an antiallergic medicine used in common cold and allergy including allergy to pollen or dust. It contains chlorpheniramine, which is an antiallergic group of medicines. It works by o
pposing the action of histamine, formed in the body in certain allergic conditions. Take as prescribed by a doctor. Cofton Tablet should not be used in pregnancy, breastfeeding, and children below 6-years of age. Inform the doctor about other medicines you are consuming, especially the medicines for brain diseases or to induce sleep, as concomitant use of the medicines with Cofton Tablet, causes excessive sleepiness.
Uses of Cofton 4 MG
Contraindications of Cofton 4 MG
- If you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- If you have glaucoma, a condition where eye pressure is increased.
- If you may have a urinary bladder or prostate problem.
- If you are taking medicines for psychiatric disorders (MAO inhibitors).
- The medicine should not be given to a child less than 6-years of age.
Side effects of Cofton 4 MG
- Dryness of nose, mouth or throat
- Fast heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Cofton 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may develop an allergic reaction after taking Cofton Tablet
- You have liver or kidney diseases.
- You have asthma or other breathing problems.
- Your blood pressure is high.
- You have an overactive thyroid.
- You have an allergy to other medicines or food.
- You are taking medicines for sleeplessness.
Mode of Action of Cofton 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cofton 4 MG
Interactions of Cofton 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Cofton Tablet or Cofton Tablet itself may affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform the doctor about medicines you are taking, that includes prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for other disorder....
- If you on medications like antipsychotic medicine, antiepileptic medicines such as phenytoin, medicines used to induce calmness etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are moclobemide, Phenelzine, and Tranylcypromine, as they may interfere with the action of Cofton Tablet when given together.
Storage and disposal of Cofton 4 MG
- Store Cofton Tablet at room temperature at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cofton 4 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Cofton Tablet include sleepiness, dry mouth, flushing, fever, confusion, weakness, ringing sensation in ears, blurring of vision, sleeplessness, and rarely seizures.
- If you have taken too much of the medicine, then contact the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.