Chlohat 12.5mg Tablet
Chlohat 12.5 MG Description
Chlohat Tablet contains chlorthalidone, which belongs to the diuretic group of medicine. It is used alone or together with other medicines to treat high blood pressure. This medicine lowers the raise
d blood pressure by increasing the excretion of water and sodium from the body through urine. It is to be taken with food at a fixed time of day as prescribed by your doctor. You should take this Tablet at a fixed time every day to gain optimal therapeutic benefits. You should not abruptly stop taking this medicine, as it can lead to hypertensive crisis and even heart failure. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹5.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(12.5 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, dizziness, low blood pressure|
Uses of Chlohat 12.5 MG
- Chlohat Tablet is used alone or together with other medicines to treat high blood pressure.
- It is also used as a supportive treatment to reduce swelling caused by the accumulation of fluid in the body either due to heart disease, liver disease or kidney disease.
Contraindications of Chlohat 12.5 MG
- If you are allergic to Chlorthalidone or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If your urine output in 24 hours is very low (less than 100ml).
Side effects of Chlohat 12.5 MG
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Chlohat 12.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your blood pressure is low or you have dehydration.
- You have kidney disease or you are on a salt-restricted diet.
- The use of Chlohat Tablets may cause low levels of electrolytes in the body. It is advisable to monitor electrolytes periodically.
Mode of Action of Chlohat 12.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Chlohat 12.5 MG
Interactions of Chlohat 12.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Chlohat Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Taking Chlohat Tablet, along with other medications used for high blood pressure, increases the action of other medicines.
- Taking this medicine with lithium decreases the excretion of lithium through urine, leading to the accumulation of lithium in the body.
Storage and disposal of Chlohat 12.5 MG
- Store Chlohat Tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Chlohat 12.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)